Anyone interested in some Tank Crew online tanking?

@tempusmurphy and I have both been playing Tank Crew online and having a blast, giving other players some target practice :smiley: and we discovered even if you don’t have TC you can join someones tank that does! So we could have fully crewed tanks (probably Commander, driver and gunner as I don’t think the radio operator position would be that fun…) and with comms and others in other fully crewed tanks we could have a good laugh.
So, just checking to see how many people would be interested and try and sort out a meeting date/time.

7 Likes

I will after Thanksgiving. We’ve got a bunch of family coming into town for the week, so the controllers are getting put away :unamused:

5 Likes

What are you using for comms @Mace? Also, do you have a server that’s a regular go-to or do you set up your own co-op?

2 Likes

OMG! Best Multi-Crew dynamics ever! :smiley:

2 Likes

Cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’ve been using the Mudspike discord and at the moment going into whichever server has tanks on as there aren’t many at the moment and only seem to be other tankers at the weekend. If we get enough of us we could try our own server and have some force on force :smiley: as Tempus had looked at the editor but it was pretty complex, unless we can download coop missions and use those.

2 Likes

It’s great! You can use the free Panzer III and T-34 too but you don’t last long lol so crewing up would be good!

2 Likes

I am pretty good with the Editor but have not tried dealing with tanks yet. I’d offer some help in that department but it’s a huge time sink requiring dozens of game reloads to work out bugs. I spent 2 weeks creating a co-op which I posted on the IL2 multiplayer forum. It got 1 download!

3 Likes

That might be good for some flying too then! Do have a link to a file repository for iL2 downloads as someone must have started doing online tank missions. As I say we can always do some PvP for a bit too.

2 Likes

@smokinhole, I have just found and pulled the mission, looking forward to having a throw at it.

Whilst I was on the il2 site, I had quick look for tank missions, unfortunately not too many there

1 Like

Thanks temp! I didn’t mean to sound like, “poor me, nobody likes my mission.” It was more a comment on how the work to benefit ratio steers strongly toward not bothering. Back in my peak at RoF (and before they implemented the “Dogfight” server capability) I made some of the best friends of my life playing short co-op matches. They were always player-vs-player but they were created in such a way that made the effort into a game with slightly less emphasis on pure “last man standing”. I feel like Co-op is a way to bring some of that back. For a year or so, I was playing Arma with the SimHQ group. That was a similar vibe.

4 Likes

I agree, co-op have been some of the best games I have ever played, when you get a good group together, all working well, and have a damn good time (and laugh) doing it, PVP is fun, but can get a touch competitive (especially with old reflexes like mine :smiley:)

3 Likes

I’d totally be up for it but I don’t have tank crew yet so it’d have to be one of the two default BoX tanks.

2 Likes

Or join a position in a Tank Crew tank if you want.

1 Like

You can do that? I thought you had to own the tanks to get any position.

1 Like

Now we need to set up a day and time. Probably the weekend will be best due to our time differences?

No, when I had tank crew and tempus didn’t he could join my tank as gunner I think.

1 Like

Perfect! I’ve fiddled around with the T-34 and the Panzer III some, so I will happily throw a tread or miss targets for everybody!

2 Likes

Yep, even without tank crew you can get in any of the positions and I think go on the tank map

2 Likes