Arma 3: Antistasi

In a somewhat funny twist of turns I’m playing the Arma 3 Antistasi multiplayer coop mission these days. Funny in that sense, that I play with my buddies from the rFactor 2 racing league. Even more strange as I went back into online racing back in the day to stop spending ungodly amounts of time in Arma… seems there’s no escape.

On the mission itself, the group starts as a bunch of ill equipped rebels. We decided to go with pure vanilla content on Altis, set in the 2035 universe of Arma 3. There’s a commander in your base, giving you some more or less lightweight missions. You need to start small as your equipment in form of weapons and personal armor is not really great for a head-on assault on any of the numerous outposts. We picked NATO as island occupier, with CSAT invading as well - so it’s us rebels vs NATO vs CSAT.

After completing some missions, chances are that the neighbouring villages are impressed by your deeds and will join the rebel cause. You cannot conquer villages and cities per se, you do your missions and conquer outputs, factories, resources and eventually airfields. The activities will result in more and more people joining your cause in the immediate vicinity, especially aided if you convert a radio tower - it will broadcast non stop propaganda for your (or for NATO/CSAT when occupied by them).

The primary means to upgrade your equipment is through looting the dead bodies on the battlefield. Common assault rifles are found easily, but machine guns, sniper rifles, grenade launchers are harder to come by. Manually inspecting the bodies from the inventory gets old quickly, but there are lot boxes available for a cheap price, that automate the process.

If you’re interested in more details I recommend checking out the guide at https://antistasi.de - the stasi part of the name is purely coincidental, antistasi is resistance in Greek if I understand it correctly.

I haven’t really been playing much Arma 3 multiplayer since Mike Force for SOG PF Creators DLC came out. Now with my rag tag group of racers, it’s a very different experience. In my old clan, team kommando, it was pretty strict, with a march order, clear and concise communications on the battlefield. The same was true for most milsim style multiplayer missions I played in between. Now it’s way more chaotic, with reports on units on the left, or over there, or somewhere, and everybody dashing around :slight_smile: All good fun!

Cheers,
TeTeT

6 Likes

Nice! I’ve not done much ArmA 3 since it went gold - that’s a long time ago! I was still fighting in milsim groups (BSM and VOLCBAT) at the time of EA, but when it came out ‘retail’ I’d already spent a lot of hours in it and was moving on to other things. Having said that, I do still have the odd round of ArmA 2, mostly BAF and when possible in co-op.

I bought almost all the ArmA 3 DLC but never played any of it. Whenever I read posts like yours it’s sorely tempting to go back and have another look, but so far I resisted - except the occasional go at Pilgrimage (which your report reminds me of). Hopefully @komemiute is going to put that right soon :wink:

Sounds like you’re enjoying it, and that’s the main thing.

3 Likes

Oh heck I’d really love to try this one!

3 Likes

I’ve just started playing SOG/MF again with friends. So looking forward to something else to try. Nice writeup @TeTeT

2 Likes

Antistasi is really fun, especially with the GM mod weapons and vehicles.

Maybe we could do a Mudspike coop sometime? Unfortunately I’m out of pocket for the next week and a half (Airventure here I come)

1 Like

I would be up for that, time zones permitting :grinning: been a while since i played any arma

Finally the campaign is over and Altis is free! Or conquered? Who knows, probably depends on the viewer.

if there’s still interest I can setup a server for mudspike in the next two days, before another week of vacation is due :slight_smile: Just need to know what mods to use, if any.

Cheers,
TeTeT

1 Like

Oh hell i totally forgot about this…

Here was me thinking you’d given up on it!

1 Like

LOL, nope. I’m just a bird-brain.

1 Like

Anyway, got the mod… One of these nights?

1 Like

Give me a shout - nothing on this week and Mrs off work but staying at home next week = plenty of spare time.

1 Like

I went ahead and setup a vanilla arma 3 content antistasi server.

IP: a3server.tetet.de Port: 4602
password: mud
admin password: spike

I’m on my way to Miami tomorrow so won’t be able to play this week, but may join next week.

The server only requires the antistasi mod to be loaded (Steam Workshop::Antistasi - The Mod) However, I added a bunch of optional mod keys for some quality of life mods:

1. CBA_A3 - the base for some of the mods below
  2. Veteran29’s vehicle unflipping - arma 3 physx vehicles have the tendency to flip over when going over those rocks or even when taking a bend to speedy
  3. CH View Distance - the default view distance of 1500 meter is a bit low for flying, this mod allows you to set the view distance for ground/car/air separately
  4. Mag Repack - nothing worse to have 10 mags with 2-3 bullets each blocking the inventory; mag repack does combine them in 1 mag with 20-30 bullets if possible
  5. DUI Squad radar - situational awareness in combat is hard to achieve; this mod displays a radar where your squad members around you are; also offers name labels

I will post a launcher consumable HTML file with these mods once I’m in front of my desktop.

The difficulty settings for the AI on the server have been toned down, so the 200 meter AI headshot deaths are more rare.

Whoever wants to setup the match, please have a look at Beginners Guide for Antistasi v3.0 — Antistasi Guide documentation for some information on what needs to be done.

Enjoy,
TeTeT

4 Likes

I cannot upload the html file, so I zipped it here:

Arma 3 Preset antistasi mudspike vanilla.zip (1.3 KB)

Unzip it and put it on the arma launcher and then the required and optional mods will be all listed, you may need to subscribe and d/l them, but this is afaik pretty automatic.

Cheers,
TeTeT

1 Like

Question… Would it be possible to have a vanilla Arma 3 + Antistasi only?

The Quality of Life mods are optional, you can simply connect to the server with only Antistasi loaded.

2 Likes

Ah ok, wasn’t sure. Thanks!

just checked and found the server, my old dyslexy player compass had to be removed, but apart from that all good

2 Likes

Going to try now…

1 Like

Seems all good but… it sayd it needs an admin? (Top right corner)
Cannot do anything otherwise… seems odd?

LOL! Nevermind, I worked it out.

4 Likes