ARMA 3: Contact. New expansion

BI is releasing an extraterrestrial expansion for A3. Oh boy

3 Likes

Wow? :slight_smile:

I suppose the new map and the two new factions with their goodies look nice. Not sure what to make of E.T. arming up and getting tactical though. Would have loved to have been at the long lunch that led to this being approved ‘We see a big cross-over between ARMA players and Aliens - no, hear me out…’.

2 Likes

i’m speechless.

but im 100% buying this

5 Likes

Pretty sure that this is tied to the original concept that was rumoured for Arma 3. Maybe the dev team just wants to do something other than regular military stuff again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually it looks rather interesting. Arma 3 reinstall seem to be in order :wink:

I’m also curious for the new map, that countryside looks oddly familiar.

This was the original plan for ArmA3. My understanding was they didn’t get that far due to budget problems/concerns, so this expansion must be testing the waters and taking a whack at it on a smaller scale. There might’ve been a hint of backlash from the community too, which doesn’t take stuff outside of milsim very kindly – and I know that from experience! :grimacing:

1 Like

I was immediately reminded of all the countryside around Vancouver, where The X-Files was shot.

2 Likes

Not raining though. You can’t see our tears as we keep muttering stuff about ‘Yes, but it’s a temperate rain-forest you see?’ as our clothes rot. :wink:

4 Likes

A bit like Crysis without the exoskeleton suit, i guess?

2 Likes

I’d hope for a more mysterious X-Files vibe myself, with small bits of action. Do something really different. I had actually planned to do something like that for ArmA3 but certain features never materialized and I ended up adapting it to a novel instead.

1 Like

The chem hazard suits add a nice touch to it, i don’t think i’ve seen those before in a BI game.

Will someone mod in Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner and language translation abilities?

1 Like

I quite liked that film!

1 Like

I was thinking Jody Foster, Matthew Mcconaughey, and Jake Busey. And measuring Janskys with that little robot.

1 Like

Guys, it’s ArmA. You need to think acid blood, pulse rifles, and space marines.

2 Likes

The Livonia map is available on dev branch if you pre-order Contact. Lots of screenshots on #ARMA3Contact on Twitter. Also there are some Youtube videos of the terrain.

I know why they’re bundling it together, but it would be cool if they just sold the terrain separately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHrgbw_roC0 (this one shows entirety of map size from the air)

I’m really digging that terrain. I really want a rolling hill Europen terrain map. The Global Mobilization map is really nice, but flat.

4 Likes

same old structures on every single map… it’s boring. I uninstalled Arma 3 months ago and refuse to install again unless they make something that’s actually WORTH it’s asking money and more important…a huge new library of buildings, objects etc etc would be NICE!!!

Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip

I would have to respectfully disagree. Arma 3 has been worth its money for a lot of people since day 1. There is a ton of content and, a lot of it, is free. The new map is welcome, as well, and I am looking forward to the new aliens campaign. Sure, we can disagree and, sure, you can be wary of the Arma 3: Contact expansion but Arma 3 as a whole grants you a access to a lot of content as is.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, the ARMA 3 bug is back. I’m in!

3 Likes

ARMA 3 definitely has the longest legs for me. Spent probably 80 dollars on the game and the DLC passes and have several hundred hours played in it. Very few games can claim that.

3 Likes