Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire is coming soon (Vietnam)

This is looking really good, just announced…

Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire is coming soon | Blog | Bohemia Interactive

S.O.G. Prairie Fire will transport players back to the Vietnam War and deliver a thrilling and historic military sandbox experience on a scale not seen before in a video game. The S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC is scheduled for release on Steam in the second quarter (Q2) of this year (2021) and will be priced at $22.99 USD (€22.99 EUR / £19.99 GBP). People can already add the Creator DLC to their wishlist by visiting its store page on Steam .

5 Likes

It’s about time! My favorite ARMA multiplayer experiences were the few occasions where I joined @adlabs6, @saghen and others at SimHQ when they were running Vietnam missions.

2 Likes

Disclaimer: I’m part of SGD team that creates the S.O.G. Prairie Fire cDLC for arma 3.

If interested in the subject, there are two videos on yt so far:

Glad that the cDLC is announced finally!

Cheers,
TeTeT

8 Likes

Here’s @adlabs6 in July 2012, Iron Front 1944 I think in MP (I was looking at old screenshots via @Magnum50’s topic and came across it):

6 Likes

Yes, over at “the other site”, we enjoyed doing historical operations with Unsung Vietnam and WW2 mods. I enjoyed the Vietnam ARMA 3 environment.

I’m a terrain guy, I am interested to see what the map looks like and the POIs in the map. Looks like there are some built up town/cities in the map. I wonder how detailed and how many are new buildings for the DLC and how many are legacy carryovers from the base game. (The Global Mobilization DLC had quite a few scratch made buildings).

2 Likes

I have a video of Biff I think it was killing an AI with the backblast of an RPG…I think Dart was there too…maybe @adlabs6 … Good times even though I’m a terrible Arma soldier…

2 Likes

Dang…9 years ago…

3 Likes

Oh wow, just a couple days ago I was thinking how nice it would be to have a modern Vietcong or Shellshock, now that the tech has evolved.
This looks really promising. Insta-buy for me!

1 Like

Before people get too excited, remember this is based off the ARMA 3 engine. Enemy can see through trees, can walk through buildings, can shoot through buildings and you can’t hit them. AI behavior can be a bit wonky. (See Magnum’s Global Mobilization review) I’m not sure how much this team can do to address those issues.

But I still enjoy ARMA 3, even with its faults.

2 Likes

True that.
But still, lately I had a lot of fun playing the Old Man mission, the Contact and the GlobMob campaigns.
Flawed like you said but IMO after all these years nothing come close to it.

2 Likes

Still. Its better than DAYZ. Lol :laughing:

1 Like

Does anybody know if they plan to reuse Altis assets on the map or if they are placeholders? @TeTeT

1 Like

Thanks for your interest!
We used a mixture of buildings kindly provided by Bohemia and upgraded by the team, and added new buildings, fortifications and props of our own to create a varied urban landscape that has a nice feel of 1960s Vietnam.

5 Likes

An interview by the DLC team with S.O.G. legend Tilt:

3 Likes

I am so hyped for this. Up to 14 player coop? Yeah, I’m sold.

2 Likes
© 2021 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ