Arma 3 Jets and Tanks DLC

Interesting…

6 Likes

So good you have to watch it twice!

2 Likes

Arma is a funny game for me. I’ve had it for ages over various itterations, but i don’t spend much time on it. But when i do, like last, i always say to myself…

“what a great fun game!”

1 Like

Well the thing they didnt want to reveal “just yet” uwas pretty obvious.

1 Like

LOL…well, I was trying to link to the two different segments of the video - one for the jets, one for the tanks…thinking people would quit watching after the first part…

Fast jets in Arma 3 are kinda…well…I’m not a fan…

Unless they put arma on a map the size of the caucuses

2 Likes

Not the size of the map, it’s how you use it.

Arma 3 (and Arma games in general), are implicitly built around Infantry. Vehicles exist, but they exist to deepen the experience of infantry combat. Generally I don’t bother with fast jets for reasons listed above, but man, when they’re used correctly…

One of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while was trying to take a town on Altis with a couple of guys. A fac had established himself in good view point, and was in constant communication with another guy in a Super Hornet. They methodically wrecked enemy strong points and armor as we pushed through the remaining infantry. It was magical.

Anything that makes that easier or more immersive isn’t a bad thing.

Well there goes my sarcastic comment because I thought that they both started from the start. I was wrong :slight_smile:

I have never been a fan because of the arcade flight model. I know that the jets are meant to be a tertiary support asset for the ground troops but the way it is implemented just makes it too gamey for me. Imagine my disappointment when I saw the Grippen and the hope I felt that they had addressed some of the insane flight model choices!

Sad panda.

2 Likes

The Black Wasp…
F-22A and F/A-18E have a Child.

1 Like

Im ok With it coming to DCS… lol.

1 Like

After the F111 !!!

Yeah, I’m with Beach on this. Fast jets in ArmA? Nope. Of course, I’m still playing ArmA2.

ArmA3 looks fun, but as a single player kind of gamer, it’s probably not going to work out for me.

Is the whole Arma 3 single player campaign actually complete now? I don’t even know…

I’m pretty sure it is. I think there’s 3 chapters and they’re all done.

I have to admit I haven’t watched the progress. I didn’t want to start the first one until all of them were done so that I’d have some continuity…

It’s been done for going on three years.

FWIW, I loved the campaing.
I only wish I was more proficient…

Personally, I’d like to see more features and work done with the “High Command” aspects of the game.