Arma 3 Weekend - July 2-3

You can check out dyslexi’s videos on squads. It should give you a good idea of of what you can expect. My advise would be: be clear and concise with what you want your squad to do and have a clear picture in you head of what you want them to achieve.

Alright @EinsteinEP, Slot me in as the FO. I’ll multiply the crap out of our force.

1 Like

Ok, it was unclear if I would be available tomorrow as the wife and I have been on vacation this week. However, after intense negotiations at a large table with flag centerpieces and small sandwiches, I am cleared to attend. I won’t be talking about the concessions it required, the price was very high and the justification will be misunderstood in later years.

You can put me down in any slot, it looks like the AT slots are open. I can also fire team lead if we need another team filled in, I have stumbled many guys into many an ambush over the years.

3 Likes

I’ve taken the opportunity to write another guide about how to use TFAR, how the respawn systems in the main mission will work, and how the airsupport system in the mission will work.

Additionally my server will be up all day today, if you’d like to drop in to confirm your mods are working, feel free.

Server is called Mudspike July March in.
IP is 70.119.119.58
Password is mammaries

Also note for whatever reason it takes what seems like forever for my server to transfer a mission file. Be patient, it’s most likely not broken. probably.

1 Like

2 Likes

Putting link to how to set up mods here, as I need to do that ACE stuff again after the update:

Well I couldn’t very well use the usual password. It was entirely too vulgar for a server befitting the lofty station of Mudspike

3 Likes

@near_blind: I can t connect to the server. Is it up right now?

We need mods for the event?

@TheAlmightySnark check the first post.

yo guys put me on AT fire team 2 :slight_smile:

It was not, It is now.

Looks like the girlfriend had plans for this weekend, So I wont be able to make it today and maybe not tomorrow. Sorry guys.

1 Like

Ok but it ain’t clear for me… do I need mods to join up? And if so… how do I install them?
:grimacing:

You do for the server @near_blind was/is running. The instructions are pretty good and in the post, so best ask in there for specific bits that aren’t working or jump on teamspeak for help:

Today we did play a bit, but the server struggled due to what we think is pure number of people connecting plus possibly the Teamspeak/ARMA integration of radios called TFAR.

@Tankerwade also has a server so him and @near_blind might also sort out a different missions that might need less mods, or alternatively just jump on teamspeak and see if people want a vanilla pick-up game etc.

… now I feel bad. It was just to tease you. :sweat:
I’m sorry

1 Like

:slight_smile: I could pretend my reply was double irony but it wouldn’t be true :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me right now:

My bandwidth right now:

4 Likes

HAHAHAHA! Peace & Love man.
Ciao.

Yeah, I don’t know why I missed Arma! But THIS certainly cured that.:laughing:

1 Like