Arma 3 Weekend - July 2-3

@TheAlmightySnark check the first post.

yo guys put me on AT fire team 2 :slight_smile:

It was not, It is now.

Looks like the girlfriend had plans for this weekend, So I wont be able to make it today and maybe not tomorrow. Sorry guys.

1 Like

Ok but it ain’t clear for me… do I need mods to join up? And if so… how do I install them?
:grimacing:

You do for the server @near_blind was/is running. The instructions are pretty good and in the post, so best ask in there for specific bits that aren’t working or jump on teamspeak for help:

Today we did play a bit, but the server struggled due to what we think is pure number of people connecting plus possibly the Teamspeak/ARMA integration of radios called TFAR.

@Tankerwade also has a server so him and @near_blind might also sort out a different missions that might need less mods, or alternatively just jump on teamspeak and see if people want a vanilla pick-up game etc.

… now I feel bad. It was just to tease you. :sweat:
I’m sorry

1 Like

:slight_smile: I could pretend my reply was double irony but it wouldn’t be true :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me right now:

My bandwidth right now:

4 Likes

HAHAHAHA! Peace & Love man.
Ciao.

Yeah, I don’t know why I missed Arma! But THIS certainly cured that.:laughing:

1 Like

Me and @esonub found @near_blind working on the mission right before event start

1 Like

Well, it wasn’t all bad. Tanker was kind enough to show me the ropes of TFAR and a bunch of other stuff that I had no idea how to use. I have to admit, TFAR does sound pretty cool (as in audio-wise)…and really does sound a lot more like a radio than TeamSpeak.

When it works, it works great. But I suspect that it suffers from the same thing that ACRE did. ACRE had a bug innit that massively desynced people for some reason. But usually after a period of time playing. If it is the cause, its seems to be much worse in Arma 3

Correction: me now

3 Likes

That does look like a proper improvement.

LOL i remember me going like … “Sargoth you got to see this one” lol

Aw man… No beer for me this afternoon. On the pager… :thumbsdown:

Sorry I missed this morning. Does anybody have screenshots or stories they’d like to share?

So after much investigation, I’m 99% sure what’s happened is my ISP is incompetent. I’m paying for a 13 Mb’s up. I’m currently getting half that. This kills the server bandwidth.

Time Warner is the devil Bobby Boucher. The Google Fiber singularity cannot happen soon enough.

Also It’s entirely unrelated, but watching this makes me feel much better.

3 Likes