Aviation Recognition Challenge Thread

That was a good one, had me stumped for a bit.

I dunno.

Fuselage says Avro Jet. Maybe some early V bomber.

Hint, its not a British design.

I belief it’s an EFW N-20.02. I had to look up the designation but I remember seeing the type in the Dübendorf Air Force Museum (apparently an N-20.10 though).

1 Like

Yep you nailed it!

This one should be easy then:

Ah, that’s the swiss-made 1950s ground attack thingie…
P-15, or 16 or 17, one of those three. I think they decided to get Hawker Hunters instead.

EDIT: Looked it up, it is actually called FFA P-16.

Here’s another easy one:

Grumman XP-50, ugly ugly plane!

EDIT: Alright, here’s something different. Been playing a game called FILMFACE on a Discord chatroom, and it comes down to guessing from what movie a still image of a face is. I introduce you to… PLANEFACE

Doesn’t have to be from the “face” of a aircraft, any part that looks identifiable really. Hopefully this will work.

Correct! Its sibling is even uglier, the one with the short nose and the wing that starts in front of the nose: Grumman XF5F – Wikipedia
It looks kinda like a Star Wars pod racer. :smiley:

EDIT: No clue what your picture could be. I think parts of a plane is too hard if it isn’t a bit bigger. Yours could be a coast guard sea plane judging by the red color and that red thing that looks like some chin mounted thingie. Or something for firefighting.

Red lines like that denote safety zones, usually for when a engine is running. I think what you consider the red chin mounted thingy is actually an engine :wink:

Low landing, dual nose. airconditioning intake door close up front. What if I told you that it’s ridiculously popular as a aircraft?

737… I can’t think of a model with a drop down light though.

2 Likes

Spot on! It’s a NG version.

Andrew116 just beat me to it :slight_smile: CFM56 engine, short landing gear and landing light placements were the giveaways.

1 Like

I was hoping it would! Note that this means Andrew116 can post anything, he doesn’t have to do a PLANEFACE :wink:

Booo, civil planes, or as I call them: “boring planes”. :smiley:

I can’t tell a 777 from a 737, I am really bad with civil planes, except a handful (mostly smaller) planes I know next to nothing about how to tell them apart.

AVIATION. Not MILITARY AVIATION! :wink: I love all aviation equally. Except the F-14. That’s just a messed up plane, isn’t it @near_blind? :smiley:

1 Like

The differences are slight, but the 777 has a smoother nose-to-forehead transition than the 737. Also, the 777 is BIG. I think the 737 looks almost stubby in comparison while the 777 has almost a level of grace about its size. But that’s just me.

1 Like

REMOVE FOKKER remove fokker
you are wrost dutch. you are the dutch idiot you are the dutch smell return to the netherlands. to our dutch cousins you may come our contry. you may live in zoo… ahahahahaha. General Dynamics we will never forgive you. Viper rascal dutch stink belgian hon hon. 22 January 1996 best day of my life! take a bath in bankrupt fokker… ahahahahaha GENERAL DYNAMICS WE WILL GET YOU! do not forget cold war. Avro we will kill the Arrow! Avro return to your precious UK… hahahahahaha idiot General Dynamics and Avro smell so bad… wow I can smell it. REMOVE FOKKER FROM THE PREMISES… you will get caught. Illyushin+Grumman+Boeing+Aerobus = kill Fokker… you will cold war/ Kelly Johnson alive in usa! Kelly Johnson making plane of USA! Fast plane Kelly Johnson USA!. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of Kelly Johnson… You are ppoor stink fokker., You live in tulip hahahaha. you live in a windmill.

Kelly Johnson alive numbr one #1 in USA… fokker no good I spit in moth eye of ur plane and factory. Kelly Johnson aliv and real strong wizard kill all fokker farm animal with aeronautical engineering magic now we the usa rule. fokker of the zoo. presidant georg bush the great satan and lay eg this egg hatch and General Dynamics wa;s born stupid baby form the eggn give abck our clay we will crush u like skull of Fokker. USA greattst countrey.

1 Like

…well that escalated quickly.

4 Likes

What the hell just happened?

1 Like