BSOD since installing new graphics card

In supplementing what Poneybird said you should also get CPU-Z and run that.

GPU-Z tells a lot of useful stuff about your graphicscard including the model and version.

CPU-Z does the same for the motherboard and amongst others shows type and clockspeed of cpu and ram and the amount of ram.

I find them very useful.

1 Like

I can confirm* that those are valid tools.
I use them too!

*I know it’s not important but I feel like doing it.

Sorry they are photos from my phone, I did this quickly before leaving for work. Think this was everything I needed to take? The driver for the card says beta because it’s the newest one I was trying just in case made any difference.

This is perfect. All I can see is that everything is fine. For example the memory on your GPU is running the correct clock rates. Nothing about this info looks suspicious to me.

Since you experience weird things right from the start of the computer, we can also rule out any driver issues.

Could be we are overlooking an important detail here. But the chances of this card being a case for a RMA are getting higher…

1 Like

Should I return it now? Send back to Amazon?

It‘s not 100% sure, but if you get a replacement you can be sure afterwards. Note down the S/N so you know if it‘s the same they send back.

1 Like

I think if returning to Amazon they refund you then order again if need be? I’m not sure, I’ve never returned to Amazon before, anyone have any experinces?
I’ve registered it with MSI, will that cause problems?

EDIT: Just requested a return and replacement. Sending it back and they’re sending a new one out that will be with me on Sunday.

2 Likes

Does anyone think it worthwhile doing a fresh install of Windows prior to installing this new card on Sunday? Or because my PC was fine before the new card went in it should be ok?

Should be fine, worst case do a fresh driver install.

1 Like

No one here has yet recommended sacrificing a rubber chicken.

It probably won’t help…but it might???

5 Likes

The only thing that’s been sacrificed currently is my patience lol but a rubber chicken may be next and see what the Augurs say.

2 Likes

image what ?

6 Likes

Just for an update, when putting my old card back in and parcelling the new one up to send back I have no more blue line artifacts or crashes.

2 Likes

that’s a positive step …

1 Like

Diagnosis complete!
Don’t throw that one away when a proper new one comes through. Put it in the new one’s anti static bag & box as an emergency spare, plus that also means you’d have kept the new box incase it ever has to go back under warranty.

3 Likes

I’m a box keeper so keeping it was always going to happen lol

4 Likes

Frustrating when a new toy doesn’t work. Glad to see it being worked out.

4 Likes

1 Like

Similar thing happened after my highly anticipated Questionable Farms Raw Pork Gift Basket arrived.

Got recalled by the FDA. :frowning:

4 Likes

Have you been on the Blue Milk @JediMaster? :grin:

3 Likes