Color Schemes

1 Like

I want a dark/light blue C=64 Basic look!

There is a nice HTML/CSS demo here, but I’d feel bad about borrowing the person’s fonts, as I think they did them themselves. There doesn’t seem to be a public domain C64 font I can easily find. Anyway, the colors can be picked up from here:

http://pixelambacht.nl/demo/css3-c64/

Source here

Isn’t this one free for use?

I guess I could ask them

That does look free (it’s not like we are selling them etc) but ideally we’d grab them from a CDN (like Google Fonts), as otherwise we have to upload them, set CORS stuff etc and it becomes a bit of work :wink:

I see. :thinking:

I know that it’s the right font, it’s just that my brain has a different association.

1 Like

Ha
C64 fonts. I think of Gunship and Red Storm Rising when I think of C64 type fonts
all jagged and squished

3 Likes

Added ‘Dark No Avatars’ as a new selectable theme. You might need to refresh your browser/app to see it.

Examples:

If anyone needs it on a Light theme then send me a PM and I’ll add it. You can use this theme with any existing Color Scheme too.

3 Likes

I like the Avatars. But its good that people get to have a choice now. Maybe some people might return. Hope so.

Did the themes get reset to default? Mine opened bright af today.

1 Like

How do I refresh my phone browser without logging out of the site?

Edit:
https://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/nokia-3-1/how-to-clear-browser-history-cache-and-cookies-171/

Wheels

Mine did that as well. (Firefox mobile)

I didn’t mean to, but it’s possible - sorry about that, just pick and old one and it should be good.

If it’s the discourse app you can just close it in the phones task manager and open it again. It caches the themes for longer than other things, as they don’t usually change often. It’s probably sorted itself out now and you’ll be able to see the latest themes.

1 Like

Thanks @fearlessfrog. I had to clear my history for it to take. Added a link to the webpage I used for the fix in this post and in my earlier post.
https://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/nokia-3-1/how-to-clear-browser-history-cache-and-cookies-171/

Wheels

So today I went in to check the forums and the color schemes were all wrong. No biggie, I went into settings and actually found out about them. That’s pretty neat.

However, I’m getting some readability problems with the Logo on the white background, how is it for you?

2 Likes

Logos should be fixed on Light schemes. You might need to hard refresh the page.

2 Likes

I should probably make a new topic for this, but is anyone else getting the text “Mudspike Forums” in top left on mobile instead of the logo?

My dark font has also brightened a bit

1 Like

Yeah, the image format is bust on mobile - will fix. Not sure why Discourse wanted to depreciate the stuff that was working fine for years, the new dark/light auto theme stuff is rubbish.

1 Like

I typically call it simplify, unify, disentangle, or improve, but the proper word is “refactoring”.

And yes, I plead guilty

1 Like