Color Schemes

it’s now fine on my end… Ah, fearless fixed it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then they need better tests. :slight_smile:

Fixed the logo, does it look better? You probably need to kill/restart the mobile app.

1 Like

I have a funny mix now, the logo is back but has a dark blue background, while the rest (probably out of the cache, browser is Firefox mobile) is still the old dark grey color.

They dropped support for transparent pngs (or they stopped working) so I had to put in a background color. I’ll keep fiddling.

EDIT: I just put a dark blue background header in as a hack on the dark themes - think of it as our corporate branding requirements :wink:. We’d need a proper transparent and inverted logo of the light version, and I don’t know how to do that or really want to learn - I black out at the mention of alpha stencils, sorry. If anyone else wants to do a set then I’ll add it in. :slight_smile:. The images to convert to inverted transparent background pngs:

1 Like

your wish is my command.

smoll_logo_inverted

big logo_inverted
I just re-inverted the colors of the bullseye back to red.

7 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

So there was some pixelation/aliasing going on just at the outer edge of the bullseye. Didn’t seem like a big bother at first but couldn’t un-see it anymore. I cleaned that up a bit.

smoll_logo_inverted_faded

big logo_inverted_fade

4 Likes

Updated, you can now un-see.

2 Likes

Love the new default greyish blue color scheme.

1 Like

Cool - We could keep it as default (and I would say that, as I can’t find how to not set it as default lol). If anyone wants to go back into the light, so to speak, then the old theme is still pickable. When we first launched this forum the Discourse ‘default’ of the white colors was unusual, but now it’s probably nicer to have something a bit more ‘Mudspikian’ that matches some of the colors of the main articles site theme.

2 Likes

Went back to full dark mode - my preference for higher contrast.

1 Like

And now my phone finally updated. I will definitely have to go back to the light format for it.

Wheels

Some nice options here, thanks.

I switched to the NES font, since it’s similar-ish to the typical terminal fonts I often see/use.

But man, my reading is so much slower with the NES font than I would have ever expected! lol!

1 Like