Combat Air Patrol 2 news

"In addition, we recently signed Combat Air Patrol 2 (CAP2) as publisher in partnership with the developer. We are working closely with the developer to release a very comprehensive update to the game, which is still in early access. The developer is the original who created Combat Air Patrol by Psygnosis back in 1993, which is incredible. There are substantial plans around the propriety engine for CAP2, including a new Battle of Britain combat simulator, which we will announce later in the year.

PC Pilot: David, there are indeed exciting times ahead for MicroProse and I for one can’t wait to see these projects come to fruition. Many thanks again and we wish you and your team all the very best for the future."

Source MicroProse F-16 Falcon interview (key.aero)

5 Likes

Ok, that is a surprise. I’d never in my life thought that we will hear anything from CAP2 again. But as far as I can remember it was in a pretty advanced state?

Jens

1 Like

I think that this news will be a big surprise for everybody who bought CAP2 on Steam.

4 Likes

That’s good news - there are the bones of a good game in CAP2. My only criticism is that it was never advanced to a playable state.

Now, a Battle of Britain simulation needs a detailed and robust simulation of the Dowding system. I’d argue that’s more important to a simulation of that campaign that the economic simulation that some sims from the past have! But that’s not something that CAP2 seems to have (or not something I’ve noticed in it anyway).

2 Likes

Something is moving,
in the last few months I was keeping an eye of the Microprosedevbranch…
But now another one rised (distribute), as the name implies probably a public release of some update is nearing…
I had really good hope in that sim, medium fidelity, still credible…
I think we really need something like this.
Yeah DCS and Falcon full fidelity are nice and interesting, but sometimes a middle ground is a good thing

10 Likes

interesting - looks like they are presenting/announcing something at flightsimexpo next week, maybe this has something to do with it?

1 Like

Cool…it could be.
Do you have some source for the info?

Sure, I was peeking to see if ‘Combat Pilot’ was going to be there and noticed Microprose was also on the “lineup of exclusive product announcements from top names in flight simulation”

Who knows what it will be, but hopefully it will be something at least moderately substantial regarding things they’ve been cooking up.

1 Like

Absolutely agree!
VTOL VR is a great example of that.

3 Likes

FSExpo 2024 - Las Vegas June 21-23, 2024 Updated 6/13/24:

FSExpo 2024 - Las Vegas June 21-23, 2024 *Updated 6/13/24*:  https://forum.combatpilot.com/topic/706-fsexpo-2024-las-vegas-june-21-23-2024-updated-61324/

Wheels

2 Likes

Or, you know, Flaming Cliffs. :slight_smile:
I’m glad FC4 is coming out, my guess because MAC is delayed beyond belief.

2 Likes

Post was updated with a little more info and some pics, nice to see it coming along - who knows maybe this time next year we’ll have something to get our hands on

3 Likes

Back on topic, seems CAP2 is getting some official statements that it’s being worked on finally. Seems that the Microprose backing will move the project further along, because it got to a standstill few years ago.

My only concern is the scope is too big. They should focus on what was promised initially - single aircraft and dynamic campaign. Make the core gameplay work and extend after that, no the other way around.

6 Likes

A lot of that stuff was already promised, new stuff that stood out to me were the three other flyables and the short campaigns.

I wasn’t holding out hope, but does it seem like those of us who bought it through steam all those years ago might not actually have to buy again?

I am just honestly so happy this game’s development continue!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s the case, otherwise it would be totally shitty move.

2 Likes

Actually the update is now live!

5 Likes

My votes would be F-15E, Mirage 2000 and MiG-19 :innocent:

7 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Black And White Comedy GIF by Laff

1 Like