Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations GOTY

You also might find a “blitz effect” occurring. The people for reasons real or imagined take issue with having an outside actor destroy their country and band together (and I’d say China as a nation is probably far more inclined for this than most Western nations were at the start of WW2) with an increased sense of national will.

Also considering the massive number of civilian casulties, we dang well better be sure we win, else we’ll be standing in the dock at a war crimes trial.

This is the reason I’m not punching coordinates into the Tomahawk console. I don’t think a highly localized disruption of power is enough to destabilize the government, but I do think it would become a galvanizing element for the population as a whole.

Both are main reasons why officers in the US Armed Forces specifically do not swear to follow the orders of the President and the officers appointed above us. We are expected not to carry out illegal orders.

It is also why we take great care in avoiding collateral damage during the targeting process.

From a Naval War College perspective, I think the “Shanghai Economic Take Down” strategy would have gotten an A for originality, and an F for practically (and legality).

Seriously, look at this!
http://defence.h5mag.com/global_defence_technology_special_nov18/slitherine_s_command_the_wargame_transforming_operational_simulation

From the link…

ROBOTIC WARFARE: TRAINING EXERCISE BREACHES THE FUTURE OF CONFLICT

IN A FIRST OF ITS KIND EXERCISE, ROBOTS HAVE BEEN USED TO BREACH DEFENCES IN A JOINT DRILL BY US AND BRITISH FORCES. ANDY TUNNICLIFFE EXPLORES THE SIGNIFICANCE OF A MILESTONE DESCRIBED BY A SENIOR LIEUTENANT AS A “GREAT STEP FORWARD FOR THE ARMY, AND FOR ROBOTICS”.

um…can you say, “The Rise of the Machines”?! :open_mouth:

“I’ll be back”

• A. Schwarzenegger

I have such a low opinion of humanity at the moment I have stopped resisting. (Futile anyway.) I say, “love thy robot!” Let them take over. Give them all means of production and protection. Leave humans to the task of procreation until we are no longer needed. Oh, how good it feels to give in!

RUOK Bro?

Hug it out?