DCS 2.5 in January 2018. A promise, not an estimate...

Just a thought … wonder if they will release the open beta tomorrow and then the stable branch next wed (if all goes well)

1 Like

I am going to go the update 1.5.8 OB and leave both versions in situ until its all downloaded and erase 2.2 once it is finished installing

2 Likes

the detailed notes on how the installer works seems to suggest so huh…

1 Like

But wouldn’t we want to opt to stay on open beta like now?

I assume all pre release modules will only be offered to beta first.

1 Like

So I was right. No more Alpha.

That’s nice. It was always confusing and now finally get’s sorted out.

I currently have converted my stable release to open beta via command line tool. I might roll back and make a copy of 1.5.8 stable and put it on HDD.
On the other hand I probably won’t touch it in the future once I have seen 2.5 Caucasus.

1 Like

from a Facebook post…

4 Likes

Hmmm,So they are going to wait till last day of the month…not much wiggle room.

3 Likes

I’m so excited that those trees are collidable. I mean…for us helo-pilot types…that just changes the game so much in that region. Super stoked for that.

6 Likes

please… we do still have a reputation.

4 Likes

It’s what I thought too, but…
I think it’s already there, they’re simply extra polishing it.

Nothing literally wrong with that…

1 Like

I’m just happy they waited until after my commander upgrade was finished! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Now, aren’t they nice? :grin:

1 Like

I was convinced it would be released today or Friday. Still another week will fly by (Get it lol)

3 Likes

instead we get one last patch to 1.5 that fixes the AI blowing all his missiles into nowhere. i hope this works.

2 Likes

Expecting it to drop before 11:59:59 January 31st Moscow Standard Time is just opening yourself up to disappointment.

5 Likes

HAR HAR HAAR!

Oh well next wednesday it is then … Yes… It just so happens that next thursday I am on restday from work :grin:

2 Likes

I think I need a Huey or Mi-8 now. Save me Heatblur!

3 Likes

Its the Final countdown
The Final countdown…

Its the Final Countdown Whoa Whoaaaaaa!

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

duhuduhduh duuuuuu duhudhudtuduuuuuuuuu

*shakes huge hair>

2 Likes