DCS 2.5 in January 2018. A promise, not an estimate...

So no NTTR for me before xmas. I thought I will switch to 2.2 to be ready.

I have Open Beta, I am ready… and waiting…

1 Like

i just keep both installs. NTTR is an awesome map, especially when you get tired of the black sea.

maybe it will go on sale for Christmas?

2 Likes

Yeah, I got the joke, and I agree that release estimates aren’t EDs thing. But a statement like this is rare, AFAIK. It’s usually «aim for», «looks like», etc.

3 Likes

As someone who (when a bit younger and even stupider) often missed family Christmas’s due to arbitrarily imposed year-end deadlines, I am happy that they are doing this. For ED and the Russian staff, the Christmas and New Year holidays don’t have to be the cliff edge release now - all just to say ‘it was in 2017’ (like people will care after it’s out anyway).

As for Wags use of the ‘P’ word. Hmm, was taught many times never to do that… :slight_smile:

Looking forward to 2.5 now!

5 Likes

I have been for a while…!
Just think about it. ED has juggled two branches, improved upon both and kept on releasing very high quality content. All the while working on the next version.
Just imagine how things will improve once their focus is on a single version.

3 Likes

Because I know he’s gonna post this…

F111

8 Likes

I know you just said that so I don’t have to. :grin:

I had hopes they could still pull it off this year, but the lack of an announcement come start of December made it pretty clear that it wasn’t going to happen. Let’s hope that they pull it off in January.

2 Likes

This must be a Canadian based forum. Such nice, calm people. :wink:

6 Likes

Well, no promises. :wink:

3 Likes

The Mudspike coffee mug is lined with maple syrup and Xanax…an oddly effective combination…

5 Likes

I see what you did there :wink:

1 Like

3 Likes

And an occasional Swede. We’re neutral, you know… :wink:

4 Likes

We Austrians are neutral too, until we’re not. :pensive:

4 Likes

Maybe this question has already been answered but in the updated Caucus map, is the time frame of the map being updated too? Such as the fact that there is a air force base missing south of Tbilisi or the fact that Kobuleti doesn’t exist anymore?

1 Like

That’s what I get for taking the kids to an amusement park. Missed opportunity

Thanks @BeachAV8R for flying the flag for me

3 Likes

Is this going to extend to Steam users, I hope?

1 Like

As an Italian I will not partecipate in this discussion. Until I change my mind.

5 Likes

I’d rather keep it the way it is.
In real life all air bases in Georgia were basically destroyed in that short war.

1 Like

Yeah, I believe that the announcement said Steam soon thereafter.

2 Likes