DCS 2.5 in January 2018. A promise, not an estimate...

I should work on my reading skills :slight_smile: cheers guys!

1 Like

Naw. Itā€™s easy to get buried in the long threads. Never hurts to ask a question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2.5 minus 9ā€¦ days that isā€¦

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t uninstall 2.2 until 2.5 is installed. 2.5 might grab NTTR stuff from 2.2 so that could save you some download volume.

1 Like

Indeed, from what I have read, it seems that the new install will drag across aircraft modules too. That is great news for me (my internet connection is very slow)ā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read that one should keep both 1.5 beta and 2.2 alpha as 2.5 will get files from bothā€¦
But that seems unlikely, as 2.0 once got files from the existing 1.5 install, didnā€™t it?
I guess weā€™ll get information when 2.5 is out. Until then Iā€™m not touching anything :wink:

1 Like

Those files may have been updated in the meantime or they may not. Personally i think it is unlikely that 1.5 contains something that will end up in 2.5 that is not part of 2.2 already, but it is not impossible. If you have the space, be safe and keep both until 2.5 is installed.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not deleting a thingā€¦ hope that 2.5 becomes my Only instal by March or soā€¦ Hope is alive!

2 Likes

Come to think of it, maybe the New Caucasus uses some files still in 1.5?
Anyway, anything not there already will be updated.

1 Like

At the moment I have 1.5 and 2.2 as the only things on a 240gb SSD ā€¦ With about 95gb spare ā€¦ I am just hoping that 2.5 is less than that :thinking:

2 Likes

Yup, Iā€™m right in that alley too.

Me three. I got 1.5 and 2.2 on their ā€œownā€ little 256 SSD.

1 Like

I got one of the 229th boys to make it for me. @komemiute is the man around here to pimp your ride :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just asked the full size of 2.5 and all modules over on the ed forums ā€¦ Bignewy said aim for about 100gb for everythingā€¦ But I think we should be ok ā€¦ The base game with the new black sea map will install first ā€¦ Then ( I think ) you should be able to uninstall 1.5 then you can install the maps from (nttr and Normandy ) 2.2 ā€¦ Then delete 2.2 ā€¦ Thats what I am hoping to do ā€¦ Donā€™t really fancy spending three days downloading at 1.4 mbs

4 Likes

I hope we get missions lots and lots of missionsā€¦

2 Likes

I think the biggest hold up has been so they can convert all the existing missions to compensate for all the trees :slight_smile:

2 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

6 Likes

So no more Alpha?

The release in January will be Open Beta?

1 Like

The release will be the release. Only when they have something significant to test that they donā€™t trust the stability of will they start a beta branch again. Thatā€™s how I understood the ED communications.

1 Like

The only thing 1.5.8 has that 2.2 doesnt is the OLD Caucasus assets,

2.2 has all the other maps + most of the new shaders + most of the new textures for use w/ the New Shaders.

3 Likes