DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

What kind of load times are you guys getting for missions?

Multiplayerā€¦takes me about 3-4 min to get a loaded cockpit. Single player maybe 2 minutesā€¦

So, I always run ASW with DCS VR. Is the prevailing feeling with 2.5 to disable it now, and if so, couldnā€™t you do that with the Oculus tray tool?

Iā€™m happy with the Shadows Off, now all the other settings are maxed on my machine, and we have pretty smooth flying on both GTX 980Ti machines here. I do miss the shadows.

Nice flight through Las Vegas in the F-15C -

Houston we have a problem -
Some vehicle units in groups are not showing up in multiplayer. They seem to have the attributes of Hidden and Invincible, so they cannot be damaged. Air to ground missions that depend upon Group Dead or Damaged for points arenā€™t working. It is reported.

1 Like

Quite long, about 4-5 mins sometimes.

First ride in a sesh always takes an hour to load on my box, despite the SSD. After that, only a minute or so, perhaps even quicker. Swapping map or ride makes it a little longer.

1 Like

Consistent with my experience too.

An hour?! This is MP?

In a manner of speech. :slight_smile:

I tried without, also I used the reg tweak because the Cnrl numpad combo never seemed to work for me. It seems to fix the wavy sight in the spit and things seem smooth. Of course it is all subjective and what works for oneā€¦
Loading times for Saab cold start in Caucasus takes 1.06 minutes and to quit and reload the same mission takes 7 seconds :smiley:

1 Like

229th server each player seeā€™s about 5 units each the rest are invisible. Hope we get a patch soon :wink:

Aghhhā€¦ the tree cover! Iā€™ve been out hunting in Bactria, canā€™t find most of the targets cos theyā€™re under the canopy of the forestā€¦I caught glimpses of the QRF on the road but by the time Iā€™d turned, they were back under cover. I had to wait for them to emerge in a village which must have scared my JTAC a lot (profanity filter activated) as he was hiding there.

What fun!!

2 Likes

Stoopid question, but has anyone tried to put some SAMs, hide behind trees and then lower the tree radius to see if it can be used as a cheat?

1 Like

I have been playing with SAMā€™s and the trees but never lowered the radious. It is so much easier to see and avoid sams in 2.5 at least in the A10-C and the viggen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please test this, I cannot do it right now and didnā€™t get any responses over at the ED forums when I asked:

Do search lights and landing lights now light up water?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: DCS World 2.5.x Change Log Announcements

Arrgh, I went from FHD to lowest res available and back and I am still not happy with it.

nVidia setings AA seems like not working for me, I see no efect ingame. And the ingame MSAA doesnt seem to be enough. Where is the 16x option!?

I think I need 4K :slight_smile: ā€¦or :eyeglasses:

It does seem to be system specific. My rig has definitely taken a big hit on performance. But it is ageing. On my rig disabling grass gives 10 fps increase over the 30 i was getting. That is a 33% increase.

Also taking away all shadows gives a bit more performance. Its live-able but not ideal. I just have to face the fact that its going to be upgrade time again shortly (after i buy @vpc_virpil t50 throttle :wink: )

1 Like

I tried loads of settings in the Nvidia CP yesterday. I noticed a FPS decrease but no better looking graphics. They need to fix the ingame MSAA because with it the FPS drops to unplayable in the rift.
On the plus side I got most stuff maxxed out and a PD of 1.7, If only someone could fix the shimmering

Using AA from the Nvidia settings worked for me but gave me lower FPS than with MSAA in gameā€¦

What Iā€™m going to try is, when my TrackIR arrives, try a lower resolution so I will be able to lean forward for the MFDs as they become impossible to read at lower resolutions and see how that goes.