DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2020)

I thought I might find something on the ed forums about it with search and this post from Wags gave the best insight although not very clear

Link to thread

1 Like

As a programmer who has been involved in implementing a delta updater, I would have to agree with @sobek on this one.

And by ā€œdelta updaterā€ we mean updater that downloads only the parts of the files that have been changed.

1 Like

I think the 5GB is in here maybe, the big binary map data files arenā€™t deltaā€™ing very well?

4 Likes

Probably exempt from being deltaā€™d at all.

Flew over it quickly and didnā€™t see it but map assets are always a likely reason for big update sizes. Good point.

2 Likes

[Intentionally not technically correct reply]:
So much for speed trees then, huh?

5 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, but why the difference in text color?

The blue stuff is stuff you can click to read more about :blush:

3 Likes

Itā€™s just a simple copypasta from the ED site, all colouring, linkage and other markup stuff is theirs, not mine.

1 Like

An aside: The forum was updated to have a fancier paste for HTML sources, so it should handle formatting and links better than before.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gXBt_REZfc

Oh wait ā€¦ whats that hind doing there (0.25) :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

That is an insanely cool video.

1 Like

I agree. Few last sale videos were pretty cool.

1 Like

Why did they go back to the ā€œoldā€ style trees?

1 Like

Are they the old ones, or just the new ones laid out differently to match where the old trees were? I havenā€™t got close to the trees to check, so genuine question. :slight_smile:

Too busy disassembling aircraft with helicopter skidsā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes

Now you have me wondering.

But while learning the systems of the JF-17 and trying to find the correct MFD button to push to bring up the correct menu - I have seen the trees up close :slight_smile:

And they do seem different to me.

3 Likes

@komemiute, get a load of this:

5 Likes

HEILIGER BIMBAM!

2 Likes

Where did you find it?
Edit: nevermindā€¦ Found it. :stuck_out_tongue:

DCS is stuck at ā€œSearching for already downloaded filesā€. This is after it asked me to download on a different drive due to space limitations.

Does anyone have any brilliant ideaā€™s? I did the normal -repair and -update procedure.

EDIT: never mind, just took a damn long time.