DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2020)

And:

Don’t get too excited, it probably just is the AI tanker.

It’s cool anyways! :smiley:
I’m going to make a mod and use the external model for a FC3 plane!

3 Likes

And forever shall we bomb suspected truck parks in the hills north of Batumi :smiley: Roll on the baby buff!

3 Likes

YES!

Hi all

We are unlikely to see a patch this week, we are preparing for 2.5.6

When we have more information we will pass it on to you all.

thank you.

5 Likes

Sorry for the delay guys. I’m sure it’s because I asked for more love be given to my Viper.

5 Likes

It’s because we get to fly our night attack harriers at night!

1 Like

While that’s exciting, all I could think of was ‘Huey and palm trees’ on that video…DCS 'Nam, take my money now! (0:59)

3 Likes

And even better… We could re-enact the end of Rambo 2… :smiley:

5 Likes

Normandy is my Vietnam playground atm. I made a nice scenario with a chopper assault into a hot lz, just tweaking the timings of the F4s and arclight (B52S) and helicopter gunship support. Its quite immersive. My first test saw an rpg spoil my day on landing straight through the windshield :grin:
The lighting and textures on the map are gorgeous in the early morning with some fog and dust

4 Likes

Nice! I might need to play around that map a bit, try to achieve the same effect (put some Fortunate Son to play)…and yes, those RPGs can really ruin your day!

2 Likes

N E W S !

Paint the Anton continues!
The Paint the Anton competition continues; please make sure to submit your entries before February 16th.

We will choose the top 10 (or so) best submissions. If your submission is chosen, you will have your name added to the DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Anton credits, and your work will be included with the Fw 190 A-8. You will also receive one free copy of the upcoming DCS: Channel Map (no substitutions).

Here are some of the requirements and details:
The skin must be created using this template.
The skin can be historically accurate or fictional. However, the skin must be associated with one of the countries currently present in DCS World.
Please do not use nazi swastika.

Here are instructions for saving textures with MIP levels using NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop. Please upload completed skins to the dedicated topic in the forum.

The contest will run until February 16th, 2020.

Best of luck to all contestants!

DCS: Supercarrier Pre-Order continues!

It’s not too late to take advantage of the DCS: Supercarrier pre-order with savings between 30 and 50 percent:

• Save 30% while in pre-order
  • Save an additional 20% if you purchased DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

The module is also available as part of a bundle that includes DCS: F/A-18C Hornet. We are working with Valve to also make this module available as a pre-order on Steam, and provide the ability to transfer your DCS: F/A-18C Hornet from Steam to the standalone in order to take advantage of the discount.

The DCS: Supercarrier pre-Order will be available until the Early Access release, which is planned for the end of the 2020 first quarter.

Development Report #12
P-47D-30 - Polishing of this module continues with work being done on the animations, textures, flight model, and combiner glass sight. A series of interactive training missions are also being created. We are pleased to share some new images of the Jug taken over the Channel Map. She is getting close!

16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1920x1080.

16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1920x1080.

The Channel Map - Work continues on this map with the detailing or more areas, adding landmarks, adjusting aircraft AI taxi and landing behavior, and tuning some of the colors. We have been listening to your feedback, and we will be adding a couple ALG’s in England that based USAAF units. We have also been busy researching the placement of the Chain Home radar stations.

Hornet Update - Here is a list of the tasks the Hornet team is currently working on for the next Open Beta release. Please note though that not all of these items may make the new Open Beta (a lot will depend on internal testing results):

• The radar directed gun sight has been updated to make it much more stable and accurate. It feels like a new weapon! We plan to create a video on this soon.
  • AIM-9X and JHMCS tones have been corrected.
  • A lot of work is being put on the targeting pod pointing modes. This includes slave to CCIP and AUTO points and the slave to the velocity vector. This should greatly improve targeting with the pod.
  • Missile Rmax between the HUD and DDI have been adjusted.
  • We are adding the ability to mount the targeting pod on the station 4 cheek station. In order to do this correctly, we must first recreate the 3D model of the pod because the current model does not support this (cooling intake is on the wrong side of the pod).
  • Corrected the B-sweep line.
  • Added fly-out symbols for TWS mode.
  • Corrected menu freeze that could potentially happen with GPS weapons.
  • There will be more items and they will all be included in the changelog.

Once this release is complete, we’ll talk about the next series of additions and changes.

Viper Update - Here is a list of the tasks the Viper team is currently working on. Although the following are being worked on, we cannot promise that all will be ready for the next Open Beta:

• The radar directed gun sight is working great internally based on EEGS Level 5 sighting. It is very stable and practically a sniper weapon. We are also working on updating the Dogfight HUD.
  • The afterburner effect has been greatly improved. Quite a blow torch now!
  • Fuel flows have been tuned to be more accurate based on the available data.
  • Turn performance further adjusted regarding over Mach 1 below 8,000 ft MSL.
  • Wind is better accounted for in the flight model and displayed airspeeds.
  • Several updates to the INS and alignment system.
  • Corrected PPLI display in network play.
  • Updates to the AIM-120 that include launch delay and HUD cue centering in the TD box.
  • Added ILS declutter function.
  • Adjusted the command steering cue localizer to be less sensitive.
  • Corrected AA TCN error.
  • Added further functions to the Link 16 system.
  • Added cursor switch depress to switch between AIM-9 BORE and SLAVE modes.

There are many more, and these will be listed in the changelog for the next Open Beta. Once we have the new dogfight HUD working, we will create a new video that explains it, and displays the accuracy and ease of use of EEGS Level 5.

After the next update is completed, we’ll discuss the next set of new features and changes planned for the Viper.

2.5.6 Progress - There has been a lot of buzz about the move to DCS World version 2.5.6, and while many new features and fixes are in the pipeline, not everything will be available when the update first launches. We will give you more of an idea of what to expect as we draw closer. Our goal is still to have the first Open Beta version of 2.5.6 available in early February.

DCS: Bo-105 by RAZBAM & Miltech-5

16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1033x674.

The following message is from RAZBAM:

We are pleased to announce Razbam and Miltech-5 are teaming together to bring the awesome BO-105 to DCS. Miltech has created one of the best Helicopters in the world, the Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm Bo-105. Being a lightweight multipurpose helicopter used not only as a combat aircraft but also as an aerobatic one, she will certainly bring joy to many fans who have been following Miltech’s stunning work.

So how will this work? Miltech has created a great piece of art with the bulk of the model and textures almost at a complete stage, work still continues to improve the textures to make this one of the best modules in DCS. Razbam will work on the coding and flight model to make her come alive.

We are pleased to help Miltech with the Bo-105 and can’t wait to see her come to life.

As Always, thanks for all your support!
The ED Team

7 Likes

That P-47… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Need this paint (from the Boeing Museum of Flight)

2 Likes

@Franze submitted to this:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4189837&postcount=40

3 Likes

Fantastic!

I keep telling myself ‘no more modules!’… for a while anyway… apart from maybe the Jug, and then I start thinking ‘well the USAAF was based in the UK for a large part of the war so…’ and I know I’ll be buying the channel map. And then the Bo-105 gets an official announcement! man, who’s got the time for all this?!

btw: @Chaz the Boeing Museum of Flight P-47D is a razorback, as you probably know. I really like the Razorback look and hope DCS add it. this paint will be awesome on the bubble version too!

4 Likes

Is anyone buying the carrier module? I don’t know if it will be any use to me. I like a runway start :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well you can tally two more the “currently NO” list on behalf of myself & @Franze as we are steam users.

I will probably buy it once available on steam.

2 Likes

I’m a simple man. I see ships, I click “buy”.

12 Likes

I’ve bought it. I am looking forward to it and I hope the features get expanded to the Tarawa, the Kuznetsov and Heatblur’s Forrestal.

1 Like