DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2020)

Present! :raised_hand:

I hadn’t bought the Hornet yet so when @Gunnyhighway mentioned the bundle, I caved in…so I now have a bird I can’t fly and a boat I can’t access :grin:

5 Likes

But you have a tub to sail it in…

6 Likes

You should be able to download the hornet now. Unless you mean you can’t turn it on, in which case might I introduce you to my most used DCS feature: Win+Home keys. Hornet is probably the most idiot proof of the modules. You can’t overspeed flaps, it trims automatically. Trigger for missles and pickle for bombs. Have fun man it’s one of my favorites.

6 Likes

@Gunnyhighway you’ve forgotten to mention your patented carrier landing technique.

3 Likes

Yep, bought it.

1 Like

CASE 69

5 Likes

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: Here!

1 Like

I am lacking commitment :slight_smile:

Love me some immersive scenery in X-Plane etc. and can’t wait to get the Super Carrier for DCS.

It’s all tongue in cheek :slightly_smiling_face:

I have downloaded the Hornet and started with the training missions - just the cockpit introduction, cold start and taxi/takeoff lessons so far. The cockpit feels like Harrier on steroids: similar layout but more of everything! Engines, screens, buttons. Still, it actually feels fairly user friendly / logical. I’ll get there!

2 Likes

You’ll be overriding the G-limiter in no time!

2 Likes

Did you see this?

2 Likes

No, I am not “buying” it.

I already bought it. . .

3 Likes

Okay - I bought it.

2 Likes

You guys keep calling it a tub. It’s an Alpha class submarine sail and we need to accept that.

5 Likes

I bought it. Resistance was futile at 16 bucks. Is it soup yet?

1 Like

I thought the CV’s should’ve had some of that stuff in there from the beginning, at least as part of the Hornet release. But…I rationalized my $25 away

$25 is worth it, but not if it just another object I need to build missions with or edit into existing missions. I’m waiting to see if/how it integrates into F/A-18 missions and campaigns before I buy.

… also - if it will run on my aging laptop…

Updating DCS World after a little over two years - about 50GB:

Any must have modules that I might have missed? Though I’ll probably have my work cut out for me with the F/A-18C which I seem to have bought in early 2018 but I actually can’t remember doing so lol

4 Likes