DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2020)

Welcome back to DCS @Derbysieger! The highest profile you must have missed must have been the F-14B. We also have an F-16 now which is IMO very fun to fly (but many people do not agree with me because it was released in a very very early access state and is only 4 months old or so right now). A group called Deka Ironworks brought us a Chinese/Pakistani 4th gen called the JF-17. If you’re into more historical birds, we got a MiG-19 from Razbam,a new group made an I-16 and ED published an FW190-A8. If you’re into aerobatics (or trainers), you’ll also find we have a Yak-52 and a Christen Eagle II now.

4 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I’ll start with the F/A-18C and then get the F-14 sometime later this year. The new FW190 sounds very interesting as well. I do love a radial engine.

4 Likes

I missed a huge chunk of flying this summer due to work and when I got back to the hornet there where lots of changes took about 2 weeks to pick it all up enough to expend weapons but I still have to tackle the SA page.
Nice plane tp learn

3 Likes

DCS World 2020 and beyond

https://youtu.be/eWN5R7tRMws

11 Likes

is it me or are the afterburner and external lights looking better?

3 Likes

2.5.6 is supposed to improve lighting.

2 Likes

I saw a hind in there and was that an A model turkey?

4 Likes

I think (hope) that once the Flyable model is half done ED will use the external model to make several AI only variants… :smiley:

That video was awesome. I frickin love that cover of zombie as well

1 Like

Hind… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The AB effect was just updated on the Viper. I am very excited. The Mossie, Junkers and Tbolt look good. I’m pining to see the new BS3. Marianas looks good but I still want a ww2 version. Where is the Corsair? I thought it was close…

1 Like

My body is ready! :smiley:

As Oleg once said… “You couldn’t handle the Thunderbolt!!!” Hahaha
I’m ready too.

1 Like

The Mosquito was the standout for me. I will have this theme set on a trigger for every time I fly it :wink:
https://youtu.be/XG8uOeydJxc
And all my landings will resemble the one at the end of the video :smiley:

6 Likes

Have it playing over the radios … :grinning:

1 Like

One thing I hope to see is personal IR strobes for friendlies especially infantry and does anyone know if the EPLRS is identifiable in the Hornet. In the A10-C you see a cross on the TGP but I have not seen it in the TPOD

Not sure if that’s lighting that has been coded or if that’s an effect of video processing which ED states does occur at the end of their videos in the credits. Either way, it’s a cool video and a great song to go along with it.

2 Likes

EPLRS sets the data link on in mission editor, but it’s like a global variable last I heard - it turns on whichever data link(s) the airframe supports.

The A-10C’s blue-force tracking is part of the SADL system, which is not part of Link16 - so the Hornet will not be getting that. However, the F-16 might.

1 Like

I hope that in the process of flashing the DL out the A-10C will also get bandit symbols.

1 Like

I was trying to see if the new clouds are in, but I think they are the same old ones.

1 Like