DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

This sim is so damn pretty…

Yes. Yes it is. I feel like a pig in the mud with it.

Back when I was in highschool, I used to play Falcon 3.0. It had big ol’ polygons for a landscape, no textures to speak of and its advanced flight model was two rules more complex than the simple one.

I remember having my mind blown by the voice bits when I plugged in my very first sound card. Feeling like a gorram ace plugging in my first analog joystick ( a logitech iirc, two buttons, no hat)

And look how far we have come: Photorealism in both the landscape and aircraft model. Such refined modelling of flight and aircraft systems. Virtual bleeping Reality headsets! Full metal replica controls. I have died and gone to heaven.

6 Likes

It would look prettier if I had my Tomcat

2 Likes

So you are saying your love is conditional?

3 Likes

I gotta agree with @schurem whole heartedly. I think my first flight sim was Microsoft Flight Simulator 3 or 4… can’t remember, but still no real sounds, pretty much flat scenery… to look at how far we have come, in all aspects just blows my mind! Which is why I struggle when I hear people disparage the sims we have today. Sure they have some issues but holy crap look at what we do have!

back on topic

3 Likes

Well people will always be people. Some of them dont ever realise when they are being whiny entitled bish-ass snowflakes despite the whole world telling them to man up or shut up. C’est la vie. The nature of the beast.

2 Likes

Even then, a Public Flyable Version is still not likely,

I’d say 85% chance no, 15% chance yes.

I’m just excited to have it as an AI for carrier stuff, makes the aircraft fleet for the carrier that much more complete.

3 Likes

afbeelding

3 Likes

That was the second meme I thought of when he gave those percentages. This was the first-

Speaking of carrier stuff, I got the Harrier back on the ship today!

It wasn’t perfect, but it was in one piece :+1:

8 Likes

Fight’s on!

@Fridge off my right wing, @Tankerwade and @Tyco entering an Offensive Ranging exercise from a 6k Perch setup.

10 Likes

From that angle it looks like we know what we are doing…almost.

5 Likes

Were you trying to recreate some art in te sky perhaps? :wink:

OK, I see myself out now, bye …

1 Like

In line for gas -

7 Likes

I’m lovin’ your 4K screenshots ever since I got a 60” 4K monitor WC! Now I’m wondering if my monitor is actually WIDER than an actual fighter jet cockpit? :slight_smile: … it’s 52” wide viewable.

1 Like

Thanks! These screenies are at the 4K full screen settings with the sliders at max. I’m running with mirrors, too, in the F-15. The display is a Samsung 48" JS9(?) Series tv. GTX 980Ti.

Flying up to these aircraft I was surprised that they were in a formation flight. I was more surprised to see the AWACS tanking! The shot is from the latest Erl Sis mission at about 8 hours in. @Dark_Star and I are learning to tank the F-15. Today we learned to open the refueling door. The tanker guys are getting lots of parachute time.

2 Likes

Sunrise at Maykop -

The colors are amazing.

1 Like

Sometimes I crack myself up -

5 Likes

LOL!

1 Like