DCS 2.8 Screenshots (2022)

After flying the F-16 for what felt like an eternity, I’m finally back in the Viggen with my buddy.
We took off and blasted some soviet tents from the surface of the earth. Survived and landed in the sunset. Had a hard crosswind so I didn’t have time to get my instrument lighting on ;:blush:
Such an awesome module. Managed to get a cool shot of my buddy coming in for landing after the Tornado.

11 Likes

16 Likes

Black Shark 3 is worth the $10.

11 Likes

I rarely fly the Shark but I did jump on the upgrade so I will be current if I decide to fly sometime later. Besides, these days $10 is the cost of lunch, so why not. :grin:

Same here. Looking forward to taking it for a spin but that is going to have to wait a week until I can get the update downloaded - I only have 10GB data left until Xmas.

1 Like

Been spending some time getting reacquainted with the Harrier. Last few nights been working on my night flying skills using all the Harrier’s excellent tools and equipment for night flying. Climbing out of RAF Akrotiri Air Base in rainy and cloudy weather. Some beautiful sunsets in DCS.

It is getting darker and soon I will be down low practicing NOE flying which the Harrier does superbly.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Some more pics from tonight’s flying low down in the weeds practicing using the NVGs and that wonderfully helpful FLIR system the Harrier has.

8 Likes

So, my verdict on Black Shark 3 is that it’s a must have if you’re a fan of the Ka-50 in game. It’s well worth the purchase.

7 Likes

This holiday season brought our Super Hornet mod an AMRAAM upgrade!

Now we can properly stand up against the modern flankers…

8 Likes

8 Likes

The year is 2007. The place is the Mediterranean Sea, southwest of Cyprus. Task Force Razor is conducting training maneuvers with various UK and NATO assets. HMS Invincible leads the way.

NATO E-3A AWACs (Callsign Solex) supporting the TF.

RAF KC-130 on station.

Task Force Razor steaming at 20 knots.

Me, as the tough, make no mistakes Royal Navy pilot in my Harrier GR9.

13 Likes

Will This Go On My Permanent Record??

A Very Merry Christmas Friends

7 Likes

The bloody wing just fell off, I’m telling ya! :wink:

Merry Christmas!

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

16 Likes

Trying to finalize my WW2 sandbox with on-demand tasking, so a lot of testing. Railyard strike at Boulogne in the D-30 early.

Decent hit. AI missed.

Flak getting too low. I recent found out about advanced waypoint actions allowing a min/max engagement altitude for AAA. Min 2000ft for flak and 150ft for AAA sounds good.

13 Likes

:ship:
Using one of my drivable ship to sail from Dubai to Iran and back. 12 hour round trip (in game, IRL time was much less because I used time compression)

Leaving the harbor at dawn

Dubai slowing fading away in the morning fog

It sure is a change of pace compared to the jets. It gives you a good opportunity to enjoy the moving clouds :stuck_out_tongue:

entering Bandar Abbas’ harbor

Quite tricky to manoeuver…

tadaaa

No pics of the return trip, it was pretty much the same :grin:

19 Likes

Amazing work EightBall.

2 Likes

Just need to Expand Combined Arms to Control Ships and their gunner stations,

Detailed bridge model w/ faked screens will be fine, we just need the generic HUD, but switching positions to be able to control guns like tank guns etc.

6 Likes