DCS 2.9

I can picture it:

An angry child screaming as an eagle claw reaches in through the monitor and grabs his keyboard.

Perfection.

4 Likes

So I havenā€™t had a chance to test fly yet (I havenā€™t flown the Deux Mille since my last reinstall, so I have to rebind my hotas which means I have to work out what the real switches on the HOTAS in the real jet do, and I really should put it all on a kneeboard so next time it isnā€™t a huge issueā€¦), but surely even if this isnā€™t fixed you can just pull the paddle and get full authority?

If thatā€™s the case, itā€™s what the dogfight crowd (sorry, ā€œBFM enthusiastsā€ :wink:) were doing anyway!

1 Like

Speaking of that, Iā€™m really enjoying the Phantomā€™s audible AoA indicator in a dogfight. Quite effective IMHO.

2 Likes

Yeah, way better than the Mirage F1ā€™s warning!

It also has improved my landingsā€¦ I wonder if Iā€™ll start to rely on it too much? :innocent:

Damn it! Mirage 2000 C with bugs. :cry: I wouldnā€™t say I like live service games - sad story.

Concerns rise again over RAZBAM modules in DCS ā€“ Stormbirds Concerns rise again over RAZBAM modules in DCS ā€“ Stormbirds

I was wondering what to do next in DCS, test fly the Kiowa? Learn A2G in the F-4E? Have a proper look at the OH-6A?

I guess what Iā€™ll actually be doing is testing whether this Mirage bug was silently fixed or notā€¦ and whether it even matters (paddle!)

1 Like

I donā€™t think anything can get me away from the Phantom right now. Iā€™ll check out the Kiowa over the weekend but Iā€™m not really a rotorhead and the Phantom is just :pinched_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

OMG GUYS CAN CONFIRM SILENT FIX FOR MIRAGE 2000 CHARGES SWITCH!!!11

QUICKLY PULL YOUR PC OUT OF THE FIRE!! NO NEED TO DESTROY ALL FLIGHT SIM GEAR AND DEMAND REFUNDS FROM ED!!

/sarcasm

But really, I just ramp started a M-2000 and the charges switch worked normally. Even Stormbirds was reporting this as still being an issue, which is disappointing considering how little time it took to check (and I had to rebind my controls as well!!)

6 Likes

I checked it out, had quite a bit of fun with it, butā€¦ Iā€™m right back in the Phantom.

8 Likes

Never let facts get in the way of an opportunity to drive more engagement and ad revenue to your blog.

Anyway, back on topic, is anybody else having issues getting the autopilot to engage and stay engaged in the Phantom since the update?

I ended up hand-flying it a couple hundred miles (while also fighting the trim and trying to get weapons prepped) in a mission last night, and my shoulder is SORE this morning.

7 Likes

No, auto pilot works just fine on my end.

70 posts were split to a new topic: RB/ED Discussion

thought that was what the HQ was for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A classic! ā€œWell ladies and gents itā€™s great to be back in Des Moines. But I gotta tell ya. I flew all the way here from LA this morning and BOY! are my arms TIRED!ā€ (rimshot)

9 Likes

OK, I LOLā€™d on that one.

3 Likes

Autopilot (AFCS & ALT) mode working for me too. I found it a bit of a pain in VR to look down and click the switches while maintaining level flight, so mapped the Stab Aug and AFCS/ALT switches to two-way toggles on my Virplil control panel. That way I can focus on the VSI while switching them on by feel.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking itā€™s an issue with the switch I had set for altitude hold on my Warthog throttle- Iā€™ll tinker more with it tonight.

2 Likes

these were over at ED forums ā€¦ update to the south atlantic

that last one looks very realistic

10 Likes

I wanted to make a mission for the Phantom featuring a coordinated multi-flight anti-ship strike with Walleyes. I was already knee deep into writing supporting scripts, but it turns out that AI still refuses to attack warships with bombs. A bug which I already reported in 2018. It is just unbelievable how rotten to the core DCS AI is. Every single time I want to make a mission I am running into blocking stuff like this in one form or another.

DCS is great if you if you are learning systems, play small set-piece engagements you on your own against some enemies, or for multiplayer. But as soon as it is about you being part of a something bigger, a team effort in a living world around you, it just falls apart completely :frowning:

6 Likes

That would definitely put a damper on WW2 PTO scenarios. Wait, I believe that I have a Falklands type mission with the A-4E successfully bombing destroyers in the Marianas pre South Atlantic map. Let me fire it up again to see if it still works.

2 Likes