DCS 2.X Video Thread

2 Likes

ED finally added Salute animation to player Hornets. Looks sweet.

4 Likes

this! and the upcomin release of Mudhen makes me want to buy Mirage F1 :slight_smile:

it reminds me of the interceptor tactics I liked to use on servers like BlueFlag with MiG21. waited for the multirole fighters to enter the airport vicinity. then scramble and surprise attack with heatseekers from close distance.

2 Likes

You are missing out if you don’t already have it. It really is a beautiful little module. So many scenarios from early 80s etc. you can create with it as the center of the gameplay.

3 Likes

I know you are right.

it checks all the interesting boxes for me. but I want to revisit my older modules first before I dive into buying shiny new ones :slight_smile:

I will also do some reading on the topic. see other thread.

3 Likes

I’m getting in the mood for F1 as well but might wait for the M.

For the moment, Sabres!

1 Like

Nice video from Sidekick on the origins of Iron Bombing before the background of P-47 and Mosquito in DCS: 70 Years of Moving Mud - Part 1 - Jugs and Bugs - YouTube

Completely agree and the same for me. So many modules and some I’ve not done anything in, other than a quick look round the cockpit (Apache & Hind). I’m really tempted but I just can’t justify it right now when I’m desperately trying to find time for other things as well - such as The Gunship DEX I just bought as well as a gazillion other things on PC and in my hobby room.
I may be retired, but I seem to have less time than I ever did when I was working :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m the same, now that I’m retired I wonder how I ever had time for work?

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

Killed a Spit on the 4YA PO Server this morning. Merged over Carpiquet with a two ship, shot up the first Spit, then had to run from the second one. He chased me for about 3min south-east but the Anton is faster and I started opening up some distance. There was also a friendly nearby who was helping out. We ended up fighting 2v1 for a few turns but he lost situational awareness and decided to run. This never ends well for the Spit because the Anton is a little faster down low.

5 Likes

Some more excellent video with DCS from Longshot. Great teamwork as usual and superb dramatic camera angles of the fighting. Best watched in 4k.

5 Likes
4 Likes

LOL! Most impressive.

4 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes