DCS 2023 Predictions?

Well, since everything gets delayed and most stuff from the videos never get to release on the following year… (I’m confident the F15E will be out though since it’s been on beyond videos since 2020 lol)

…I’ll predict the video instead of the releases.

So for the 2023 video we will see the F15E proeminently, but since it’s so close and a little late, it won’t be the star of the show.

This year the star will be… MAPS. So much new terrain… Sinai for sure, WWII Marianas for sure (and the F4U shining over it), Probably a little bit of Kola? And what about Afghanistan? (this one I have no idea, but would love to see a snippet)

The Airframe that will get a glorious showing will be the F4, probably the biggest unveil from the video in that regard. But I’m sure we’ll see the Herc flying about as well.

One thing that would make me happy would be to see their updated AI planes on video this year. B-52, S3, etc.

Vulkan, multitasking, dynamic campaign… I don’t think they will be previewed in some way, but maybe the last one could be represented by a couple new/updated ground units moving around. Maybe they could show off some aircrew on land airbases as a tease for more core enhancements…

Can we expect some surprise tease this time? I don’t think so, but if they end up giving us one, I’d guess Vietnam related.

How’s that for the guessing game? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d comment, but it’d pretty much be considered inside trading, lol.

12 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:
Oh Please!! Do Tell?? :smile:

OK…just tell Me if I’m :fire:Hot or :ice_cube:Cold???
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Guess everyone forgot the Afghanistan tease from way back?
Since then they’ve announced a lot of other maps but not that one, I’m guessing because it’s an ED in-house and not 3rd party.

3 Likes

I still believe it as GPS Coordinates that plopped onto a C-130 at one point.

Just a reminder…last yrs video.

Back in March,Just before The Apache dropped Wags was on a podcast and asked about “Unannounced Helicopters” and He Admitted at least one was in the pipeline but wouldn’t give details.
Possibly We Could see a “Unveiling” soon?
What do you think it could be?
-UH-60
-CH-47
Ka-52
-Mi-28
-CH-53
-V-22 Osprey
-AH-1 Cobra[Write-In Candidate] :smiley:
:face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

out of that list of helos, i can only really see it being the UH-60…
the two russians, are too new and with their stance on in service stuff they are unlikely
the ch47 and 53 … nice but cant see it
the osprey again nice but again too new… which just leaves the UH-60 which would be a nice upgrade from the UH-1

4 Likes

why isnt AH-1x on that list?

3 Likes

now that woulld be nice … and is that a hint :laughing:

3 Likes

nope

2 Likes

I’m betting on the UH-60 too.
IIRC when the devs of the UH-60 mod reached out to ED to potentially make it an official module they were told “the UH-60 isn’t available for 3rd parties” or something along these lines

6 Likes

I would buy a blackhawk. They could sell packs then, Hind/Hip and AH-64/UH-60.

But then, I’m a junkie, I’d buy anything that’s not a jet trainer :wink:

billy ray cyrus drugs GIF by Still The King

8 Likes

We should start a help and support group for dcs anonymous :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah i think blackhawk most likely.
With the cobra being second

But if i got a herc AND a 53…well.

6 Likes

I’d very much like a dual seater Hornet, and I’d even be happy with an expansion pack to our Hornet giving us the legacy 18D.

A human flyable, multi-crew tanker, say the KC-130 even, could alleviate some of the range anxiety in DCS.

AI tankers are not too flexible, in that you either place them safely out of enemy range - but less practical to the offensive push, or ideally placed but in harms ways.

A manned tanker would allow the flexibility to meet the tanker instead of chasing it, burning more fuel and time as you go.

4 Likes

I want that job. That job would absolutely make me fly multiplayer a heck of a lot more.

4 Likes

I think we could drag some of our MSFS colleagues (myself included - I got myself the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo this year, to go back to MSFS) in to DCS more with transport and tanker roles. Would beat MSFS in that you’d also have an actual job to do instead of fly from A to B.

6 Likes

My last PC upgrade I bought an I9-9900K as I thought I would do some streaming & video editing still, plus I wanted to just go premium for once.

So I am all on board for multi-core as I have the cores and need to justify the next I9 when the upgrade time comes! :rofl:

3 Likes

Legacy D’s were never used in USN outside of Training.

2 Likes

DCS: USAF Boom Operator

4 Likes