DCS 2023 Predictions?

The Mossie is a wonderful module and an amazing aircraft. I bought a Honeycomb Bravo just for this module :sweat_smile:

Also comes in handy with the Jug btw.

No predictions from my side but more than anything I am looking forward to the expanded Normandy map and the Kola peninsula.

Also multicore support and the Phantom. The Mudhen doesn’t look too bad either :crazy_face:

1 Like

Great Point…My Apache Adrenaline made me forget about it,A Whiskey variant would be a Dream.Edited List

I know The “E” variant of The SuperHornet fills The Refueler role for The Fleet Presently.I would think The"F’ model could do The Same??

2 Likes

Some smart Devs in our squadron are working to solve this for our campaigns. Just set a map marker and name it with type of aircraft, callsign, altitude, speed and track and you’ll get a tanker with a 10NM racetrack or an AWACS or CAP etc.

You need to plan a little of course because we don’t want the asset to pop in out of thin air - they spawn at airbases, take off and fly to their AO or if they are already airborne fly to their new AO

1 Like

But the USMC used them for FAC(A)!

1 Like

I suppose it could, but that wouldn’t grab the crowd of people that like the airliner / large multi-engine plane crowd.

I would support tactical refueling fully for DCS, don’t get me wrong!

Yea, Franze has been playing with this a bit too. You’d also have to watch the racetrack orientation. Problem with on-call is you have to wait and plan unless already airborne.

Another solution he added was to disable the tanker function until you call in for it, which prevents the AI from hooking up - this is a problem as lately the AI stay attached indefinitely as they don’t actually transfer fuel sometimes.

The F-Model has less fuel capacity then the E, so it really wouldn’t make any sense.

Entirely Different Lot and Cockpit systems…

1 Like

True, but I’d pay good money for a D upgrade and a RAG module. It would be fantastic for onboarding friends to the platform.

This really. Live tutorials where you both see the same thing - rather than say, watching a stream with delay and having to ask the other party to look at X or in Y direction so you can see what setting/switch/button is set/on/off.

Big help for explaining how to use radars!

2 Likes

I think that will be the beauty of the F15E. Realistically trainers can overcomplicate things for new players (learning two aircrafts instead of one). With one airframe that you can practice with a friend but can actually take it for a spin and to single player missions on your own time, the proposition becomes much more enticing…

1 Like

No OH-58? I could have sworn that idea was discussed at one point.
Very similar systems to the AH-64 we are getting already.
We’re supposed to be getting an AH-1F aren’t we? I’d prefer the W or Z, of course. Or even the UH-1Y.

Also there’s the BS3 upgrade for the Ka-50, although I don’t think Wags would have meant that.

1 Like

I believe The Kiowa is [Still] being developed by PolyChop…but I have bot seen any news from them since last Christmas

2 Likes

The Kiowa showing up would be very welcome! Polychop share WIP photos occasionally.

1 Like

Over at the ED forums bignewy has announced the next open beta patch is due on the 16th … could this be black shark 3 … we have seen some feature vids for it already … and new releases are normally Fridays :shushing_face:… also could be just wishful thinking on my part :grinning:

4 Likes

New releases are normally on Wednesdays, only a noobie dev or a masochist would schedule an update on a Friday.

3 Likes

It used to be Wednesdays, but now that they committed to monthly updates they seem to have been trying to hit a mid month release (by the 15th) more than anything… Who knows.

But I agree, Friday seems much better suited for newsletters than updates in general.

1 Like

When did that change? The last updates were all scheduled for a Wednesday but were slightly postponed due to bugs, IIRC. I’m not aware that they changed their scheduling.

I’m not sure, I just think that they have been less spartan about planning updates on Wednesdays after Aug/September this year. This is not the first time I see a planned update date appear on the patch status post scheduled for a Thu or Fri… I updated the other post to reflect that I have absolutely no real information on this, just my impressions.