DCS C-101 liveries

3 Likes

That looks fantastic. It’s amazing how the livery changes the feel of the aircraft - it looks so definitely German now!

1 Like

Many thanks. It was a funny project.

2 Likes

So… I tried to create a texture for the gun but it seems I might have saved it with some wrong options or so, because it doesn’t work.

Paint dot net gives me the following options, which one do I have to use?

options

Here is the file I made:
C-101-GUN-1-GER.zip (13.7 KB)

I changed the part in the description.lua to this (basically only adding the “-GER”, the original file is “C-101-GUN-1”

-----DEFA553-----
{“C-101-DEFA553”, 0 ,“C-101-GUN-1-GER”,true};
{“C-101-DEFA553”,ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,“C-101-GUN-1_RoughMet”,true};

I tried a few of the options (ED Forums said that either DXT1 or DXT5 should do the trick)
but it doesn’t work. I always get the “missing texture” camouflage thing.
giphy

Change them from true to false and take out the -GER from the name, see if that works. I’ve noticed some aircraft are picky about having different file names for certain textures.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try that. Thanks!

Hey, that worked!
…kinda.

I used a completely wrong yellow and apparently there is some kind of spec map or so that still has the shape of the original sign, but it did work!

What does the “false” mean there?

Yay, it worked!

I got the other file and edited the parts. Also adjusted the color.
I didn’t quite manage to make it the same color as the other warning signs, but then… during my time in the military I noticed that depending on weather and oiliness and sun and whatnot the colors often don’t look exactly the same on real vehicles either, so I’ll just take it like that. :smiley:

So basically the only changes I made to the gun is the color and the warning sign. But it just fits better IMO.

I believe that “true” means it will look for/use the texture indicated in the base directory while “false” means it looks within the skin directory for that texture.

2 Likes

This.

Weeeeelll I’ll be damned! I got a reason to fly this old forgotten bird now. This is the bees knees of skins. WOW! Thank YOU @komemiute
Any chance you would do a Fishbed livery like that? Das Free Fishbed Fligger LOL

1 Like

Hehehe he let’s see… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm, where do I get this?

There’s the link in this post.

That’s really nice looking @komemiute I’m very impressed with the work you put into it.

Smart little jet

1 Like

@komemiute:
If you want to add the German gun to your zip, here are the files.
(colors aren’t perfect, but close)

You would just have to change the “true” to “false” for both files in the description.lua:
-----DEFA553-----
{“C-101-DEFA553”, 0 ,“C-101-GUN-1”,false};
{“C-101-DEFA553”,ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,“C-101-GUN-1_RoughMet”,false};

Question: Does anyone know where the weapon pylon textures are? I’d like to try and change their color to the grey of the fuselage, too.

Aginor_gun_files.zip (109.5 KB)

1 Like

Thanks!
I’ll gladly do it!

1 Like

After the latest update 2.5.6 the wings seem to have a bit of gloss that wasn’t there before. Any idea what could cause this?

1 Like

The C-101 got PBR textures according to the changelog, which will necessitate some changes to skins.

2 Likes