DCS Community A-4E-C Mod

I’m really impressed with the pit in VR. Really cozy in there. I’ve yet to tinker with my Warthog curves, but that roll rate sure is snappy!

There was a link in the ED thread to a copied NATOPS manual. Just click the download button when you land there.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26gtNC9BSnFDk531KO9Q

2 Likes

I’m sat at work ITCHING to get home and Download this immediately. This could be the one… I’m very very much excited to try to destroy it on a carrier deck…

2 Likes

I’m super impressed. I got pay modules that are nowhere near this good. Had a good little play and just owned the 21Bis in this. Missiles are tough to hit and guns need to be close for a kill. It is real nice inside and out. Love It!!! I would pay 40 usd for it.

3 Likes

you’re fine, was just wondering at first what you meant by holding out,
I am involved with many aspects in DCS, I just dont disclose them all. My Tag will be popping up a lot over the next year.

5 Likes

@Victork2
I suggest we move this conversation here and maybe @staff close the dev updates thread?

See the ‘non-functioning systems’ header in the release post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3692003&postcount=1&fbclid=IwAR3O4hrhpUNJXRi2MOAs8klZq1ADND2Qo3fOP3B-ipoxKT6EM6rV54G0qzI

1 Like

@Victork2

I found it! It was in the September 2018 dev update.
Click the link at the bottom of this post and you will find it!

EDIT: S*** it looks like the link to the NATOPS that they posted is broken. Anybody around who is good at finding NATOPS documents? @near_blind ?

1 Like

I REALLY need to slow down and read things better when I’m excited… My bad

If there’s no “how-to” guide yet, I’ll throw something together real quick. There’s really not a lot of complicated stuff for the A-4E, especially in comparison to others like the MiG-21 and F-5.

Done. My bad, in that I missed that existing one and probably just should have moved @Navynuke99’s into it and renamed. Oops.

4 Likes

Nah I think it is good to have the thread about the mod starting with the main mod release post.
It would be weird for new users wanting to look up that Skyhawk mod and then being directed to a 3+ year old dev update

3 Likes

Look at my post up from yours.

Flew around a bit more today in the Scooter. Really lovin’ this little jet. Helpful YouTube videos are beginning to drop.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dcs+a-4e

1 Like

Anybody has issues with canopy shadow/reflection effect? Mine looks weird:

I’m using stable release of DCS.

1 Like

Not seeing that in the open beta.

2 Likes

Confirmed bug, should be fixed in the next update.

Side note: if you land on a stationary carrier, you can cold start the A-4 sometimes. This makes it possible to rearm if one is so inclined, though it’s a bit more challenging to land on a stationary carrier.

1 Like

I’m getting same in stable release. Have you have any gun sight alignment issues

1 Like

Can’t tell - I haven’t practice gun runs yet.

A couple of niggling issues aside this little jet is an absolute blast to fly! I would HAPPILY of paid money for this experience. Very very well done guys

I trapped 3rd wire first time out on the stennis. Its so easy to correct and admittedly I couldn’t find the wheel brakes and forgot to throttle back after I trapped while I was looking so I fell off the carrier I still looked bang on in the replay up till then. Very much happy

1 Like

I think that’s the result of using the SFM, you have to hold the brakes/add thrust to stay on the deck. I don’t find it too big a deal because the carrier ops fit nicely in as a pseudo TA-4, so the smaller nagging issues don’t detract much from the experience.

So the brakes do work? I didnt have time to troubleshoot this before work.
I did get to chase the Fishbed and got a flamer w guns and a couple of missiles to hit.
Best Mod ever!

1 Like