DCS Community A-4E-C Mod

Hey guys, the A-4 is officially out!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3692003&postcount=1&fbclid=IwAR3O4hrhpUNJXRi2MOAs8klZq1ADND2Qo3fOP3B-ipoxKT6EM6rV54G0qzI

11 Likes

Just got it! :smiley:

@SkateZilla plays prominently in thanks and kudos in the videos. Have I been hiding under a rock or has he been holding out on us? The A-4 and A-7 are my favorite machines on the Naval side. Glad to see one, if not both, so respectfully treated by a dedicated group of talented fans. This is a day one non-purchase for me!

1 Like

Awesome! Kudos to the team, this was clearly a massive undertaking!

Oh boy, I just took her for a test and I love it.

I canā€™t tell how realistic it is but it feels just right.
Light, nimble and FUN!

3 Likes

I highly encourage everyone to give this mod a try. It requires nothing special, no paid aircraft or anything ā€“ itā€™s a great way to get fence sitters into DCS! Easily fills the niche for a carrier trainer aircraft, easy to handle, very forgiving.

8 Likes

??

1 Like

So the opfor aircraft from Top Gun are complete. Now we are just waiting on the movie star.

Speaking of whichā€¦how long after the Tomcat is released before someone recreates the movie in DCS?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not possible. The throttle moves into the wrong direction. :smiley:

5 Likes

Resisting temptation to ditch workā€¦ just

Someone write a review as if it were paywareā€¦

2 Likes

Hey Skate. I hope I didnā€™t slight you in some way. It was meant as a compliment. You obviously were important to the project. I wasnā€™t aware. Orā€¦thereā€™s another Skatezilla out there. Orā€¦I heard it wrong. Anywho, moving onā€¦

Iā€™m really impressed with the pit in VR. Really cozy in there. Iā€™ve yet to tinker with my Warthog curves, but that roll rate sure is snappy!

There was a link in the ED thread to a copied NATOPS manual. Just click the download button when you land there.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26gtNC9BSnFDk531KO9Q

2 Likes

Iā€™m sat at work ITCHING to get home and Download this immediately. This could be the oneā€¦ Iā€™m very very much excited to try to destroy it on a carrier deckā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m super impressed. I got pay modules that are nowhere near this good. Had a good little play and just owned the 21Bis in this. Missiles are tough to hit and guns need to be close for a kill. It is real nice inside and out. Love It!!! I would pay 40 usd for it.

3 Likes

youā€™re fine, was just wondering at first what you meant by holding out,
I am involved with many aspects in DCS, I just dont disclose them all. My Tag will be popping up a lot over the next year.

5 Likes

@Victork2
I suggest we move this conversation here and maybe @staff close the dev updates thread?

See the ā€˜non-functioning systemsā€™ header in the release post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3692003&postcount=1&fbclid=IwAR3O4hrhpUNJXRi2MOAs8klZq1ADND2Qo3fOP3B-ipoxKT6EM6rV54G0qzI

1 Like

@Victork2

I found it! It was in the September 2018 dev update.
Click the link at the bottom of this post and you will find it!

EDIT: S*** it looks like the link to the NATOPS that they posted is broken. Anybody around who is good at finding NATOPS documents? @near_blind ?

1 Like

I REALLY need to slow down and read things better when Iā€™m excitedā€¦ My bad

If thereā€™s no ā€œhow-toā€ guide yet, Iā€™ll throw something together real quick. Thereā€™s really not a lot of complicated stuff for the A-4E, especially in comparison to others like the MiG-21 and F-5.

Done. My bad, in that I missed that existing one and probably just should have moved @Navynuke99ā€™s into it and renamed. Oops.

4 Likes