DCS: F-14 Development Update - Enter the -A!

Heatblur plans to release the -A on November 18th. Click the link above for complete details.

14 Likes

Christmas will be early this year :slight_smile:

My gods it’s gorgeous…

3 Likes

Most anticipated DCS release this year for me!

3 Likes

Shut up guys… dont make me cry!!! Its so purdy

2 Likes

Goose does not approve

3 Likes

Goose can just bump his head on the canopy! Its going to be great.

2 Likes

Being that this is a late model A-model, will it have a LANTIRN option?
VF-41 proved them in combat.

IIRC they aimed to make the -B a mid 90s and the -A a mid 80s model. So I wouldn’t count on it but am.not the most up to date on F-14 development.

EDIT: Oops just read the Dev update. ALR-67 is certainly late, though judging from Dev communications, adding a targeting pod to a DCS model is a lot of coding work so I still wouldn’t expect it

I believe HB said that the LANTIRN would be in the A, and since they’re doing 3 versions of the A, it makes sense to have it in the A-135-GR (Late). Besides, it’s already in the B, which right now is essentially an A-135-GR (Late) with the GE-110 engines.

I figure they’ll incorporate the current B avionics close to 1:1 to the A-135-GR (Late), then they’ll be able to add the B features like the updated engine display. No need for LANTIRN in the A-135-GR (Early) or the A-95-GR.

2 Likes

Gonna fly the rubber dog sh** out of the VF-154 bird.

(Also impatiently waiting for users to make more modex numbers available)

1 Like

Two more days…

2 Likes

fat_guy_excited_meme1

1 Like

All dependent on ED’s patch schedule, correct?
We’re already near 2 weeks past the mid-month monthly release. So unless HB pushes their own, we could be waiting a bit.

That’s great!
I’ve started reading Black Aces High…

Were there any new F-14A teasers to FAP to today?

Funny you ask…

2 Likes

Leaving this here…

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My Measly Contribution…

2 Likes
1 Like