DCS: F-4E Announcement

I know this isn’t the post we(you) we’re hoping for…but I thought many waiting patiently for some Phantom News might enjoy this….

6 Likes

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:
Phantom Photoshoot

7 Likes

I’ll probably suck flying it, but “hell yeah” I’m buying it.

3 Likes

A friend of mine did her Naval Test Pilot School thesis on something involving F-4Fs; she went to Germany and spent a month flying them with the Bundeswehr Luftwaffe. I sent her that video link, and am waiting to hear her reaction.

7 Likes

But you will look and sound like a bad ass doing it!

2 Likes

Please, let us know. :wink:

1 Like

Unless the whole time the only thing coming out of his mouth is a high pitched scream…

2 Likes

You know it! :+1: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Still not sure how I feel about this one…oh, I’m gonna get it…but without a “Jungle By the Sea” map? I’ll have to stretch the imagination a bit more; join the [Virtual] Iranian or Israel AF? Hmm.

Feel like I’ve been waiting my entire combat flight sim life for this puppy. HB being behind it, well…

1 Like

Agree. MiGs and Phantoms over Hanoi would be epic. There will be pretty good action on Syria and PG, but not what many of us desire, IMHO.

The Marianas WW2 map will be a pretty good standby to build Vietnam scenarios on, but more for the Huey, F-4U, and low and slow ops. Would love to see Reflected do a new Huey campaign here, because revising Paradise Lost would be too much work, AFAIK.

In time, we’ll get our jungle by the sea map. I have complete faith in that.

2 Likes

This was in my feed last night. I haven’t validated it but - I like the idea!

4 Likes

The Kola will also work for those Cold War-gone-hot scenarios.

7 Likes

A bunch of F-4 Phantom images. Most have serial numbers.

5 Likes

Still Aiming for 2022 Release

Posted by IronMike
Posted 54 minutes ago

2 hours ago, Germane said:

I hope so too 😉
It was said that the big announcement with info, screenshots etc. would happen relatively shortly before release. So, in the meantime we have Q4 and I think/hope that this can happen soon.

I can confirm, but as you know, no hard promise, things can always happen, etc. We will have more and bigger news for you guys soon.

9 Likes

Did you say Phantom II? Another fan here! In my country (in the middle of the Europe) is rare to see real Phantoms. Last time when I saw Phantom II it was on NATO DAYS - September 2022 in Czech Republic.

18 Likes

:+1: :smiley: :+1:Beautiful!!! You shold consider yourself Lucky.

lol that takes me back… the battle will be fought at the junction of four maps :stuck_out_tongue:

When I transferred to intel, an entire afternoon of lessons was devoted to ‘map joining’.

Edit: to keep this post on topic - Heatblur + F4, how can I not buy it?

5 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen an F-4 outside a museum. Very few left stateside (G’s only) by the time I was old enough to notice.

3 Likes

Grew up with them overhead but the one memory that stands out - just a comparison really - is how BIG the Eagle is: I walked out back (circa 1981) onto the transient ramp and the two were parked right next to each other. I’d always considered the Phantom to be a big fighter but the Eagle made it look small-ish. Just a ‘visual thing’ :slight_smile:

3 Likes