DCS: F-4E Phantom Phorever!

God, I’m JONESING for it.

1 Like

Yes in England. They flew Voodoos from Bentwaters-Woodbridge.

7 Likes

And…for a little refresh:

12 Likes

Well, I don’t know about little, but it is hard to condense Chappie James into a brief summary… :wink:

What an incredible man he was…! :salute:

4 Likes

That’s Awesome!!!

Been reading the manual … the shrike seems to be an interesting weapon, very finicky to use and not very good, it will be a challenge to use well :grinning:

1 Like

I think I’ll prefer rolling in on the bad guys with a brace of cbu’s or zuni rockets…

5 Likes

An American-ism I guess, like:

Anything BUT ‘little’. A Contronym? << spell checker doesn’t even know this one. Nah. Ironical?

3 Likes

:face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:
Early Sparrows also were supposed to be Less Than Perfect.
Dogfights with Mig-21’s will be interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah, since the first announcement of the Phantom I’ve wondered how the [in]effectiveness of the missiles would be modeled. I assume as authentically as they (ED) can. There may be some whining

4 Likes

From my understanding, the fact that it would force SAM site operators to shut down their radars and lose missiles already in flight was often good enough for government work.

Example:

7 Likes

Was re-reading (think it was D. Hampton’s, “Viper pilot”, and another) that during the 91’ Desert Storm they would call “Magnum” even when they were ‘Winchester’[1] - the Iraqi’s could hear them and knew what that meant.

[1] there was a unique radio issue in the example; they didn’t have or couldn’t use the encrypted kit

6 Likes

Chappie certainly is a hero figure! Thanks for posting that :+1:

1 Like

Ok…The Purists out there will hate this……but I’m sure as a Naval/Carrier Trap Nut…I can’t be the first one to think of this….
Sooo…The F4E has a Tailhook Right???

7 Likes

Been wondering that since day one! So we might be able to hook it… How long till someone mods a carrier takeoff for it? One Mississippi, Two Mississippi…

2 Likes

That would be the first mod I would keep on my DCS install

Let me check briefly…

3 Likes

You complete Tease … :rofl:

3 Likes

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

I wish I could post pictures… You will have to trust me, I guess

5 Likes

My Spidey-sense is tingling.

1 Like