DCS: F-4E Phantom Phorever!

I think we’ ve talked about this before (but I’ve slept since then). Our dads, if they weren’t there simultaneously, it wasn’t far off.

1 Like

If they’re going to model the different avionics (and potentially engine!) fits, then yes - I’m happy to pay for each variant separately.

The radar, just for one thing, changed significantly between the B and the J/K IIRC.

Edit: if they do end up doing a UK version down the line I’ll be making noise about the backseater’s optical ID sight. It’s probably possible in the engine but likely unusable in the actual game… but it’s part of the lore!

A picture for reference

3 Likes

Good.
This might even get me back into DCSW.

2 Likes

You are right…I guess I need to brush up on my Phantom history before I earn my virtual front seat. Is it wrong of me to be more excited about the F4 than I am about the Apache? :wink:

5 Likes

Fantastic news! I’m not holding my breath on the date stated, when the F14 was announced in spring of 2015 Heatblur said they were hopeful for a end of the year beta. It didn’t become available to us until mid spring of 2019…

4 Likes

But… it was worth every second.

I wouldn’t mind a dark blue Spey equipped one for my hanger…

1 Like

I’ll never say anything against the quality they bring, because holy crap they make a quality product.

Now… where did I leave my KA-6 :thinking:

4 Likes

Now that’s the one I’m waiting for…

I’m seriously happy about the Phantom, I mean look at the joy this announcement has given everyone (@chipwich, you ok over there? Do we need to send a defibrillator?)

But the A-6 and the typhoon are where my heart personally lies. If Heatblur released anything, I would buy it knowing even if I don’t like the plane, their representation of it Will be the best of the best.

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m OK thanks. I’ve had a bourbon and then ordered dinner for the family, so that we wouldn’t have to cook. My wife is looking at me suspiciously though. Why all the love all of a sudden? I would tell her but she wouldn’t grasp the significance of it all. Heatblur, Jester AI, worn out cockpits, amazing skins, and every button and switch that either works, or eventually will do what it’s suppose to do.

But the reality has begun to set in, reminding me that it’s only January. so we potentially have a long wait ahead. I think that I’ll just go watch the trailer another 5 more times.

10 Likes

So question, that Jimi Hendrix at the end, was that “God Bless the Queen” or “Star Spangled Banner”? Because he has spectacular recordings of both, and I was guessing that may have been a hint too.

2 Likes

No, not at all. I’m holding a spot in that line for you.

3 Likes

Am I the only one hoping for another accompanying Meteor album?

2 Likes

:rofl: Me, “Honey, after decades of waiting, living off of [now] dim memories of FOTI* …I’m getting a F-4 to play with!”. Her, “That’s nice dear. Where’s the TV remote?”.

And TEETH.

*For those that missed, and miss it:

Say, just dawned on me (yea, I’m slow): we likely will have this paring again. I heard something about an A-6 somewhere :wink:

6 Likes

Makes me think of the Iron Hand scene in the book/ movie.

2 Likes

I had to listen to it a bunch of times, and really, it has elements of both. But in the end, I think that it’s a cover of Hendrix playing the Star Spangled Banner. It has a lot of fuzz and vibrato like Hendrix, but it’s almost too clean IMO.

2 Likes

Winnie The Pooh Reaction GIF

5 Likes

Patiently waits for F-4J

2 Likes

Indeed! Gotta be able to land on ships. I wish they were doing the naval variant (J? Fingers crossed!) first, because you could always give them USAF liveries and squint a little bit…

2 Likes

Yes…?

Matthew Mcconaughey Crying GIF

5 Likes