DCS F/A-18C New Feature Poll

I voted for HARM, just because many of those poll options rely on the other options to be effective.

For instance, it’d be tough to get really excited for LGB or JDAM without a working ATFLIR and we still don’t have the ability to input MGRS versus Lat/Long.

We don’t need anything new for HARM other than the DDI page and the weapon itself. With one addition, the Hornet gets a major capability not available to many player controlled aircraft in DCS.

3 Likes

We have pretty accurate CCIP, so A2A radar to be able to fight to the target, IMO.

Hmm… Dynamic Campaign Engine wasn’t an option…

Allow me to POUND…THE GROUND!!! A/G

2 Likes

By that metric, you can’t really beat 10x Mk-83s. You’ve peaked, it’s only pounding less ground more accurately from here on out.

I voted Link-16. I want my SA to be pristine and divine; the envy of Flankers every where.

Doesn’t really have anything to do with the F-18C systems. Nice to have, yes.

And I bet you want a super bug to go with that, ungrateful plebeian!

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, but that doesn’t make me happy about it, haha.

I picked HARM.

I hope that the implementation of HARM will also involve an update to the AI to allow targeted radars to shut down and evade shots. I would be severely disappointment if HARM would be modeled as one-shot-one-kill weapon, while operationally the missile had a hit percentage in the single-digit range.

I have written a script to simulate radars evading ARM shots, but it’s ugly as it requires to de-spawn missiles when a radar shuts down (otherwise ARM in DCS continue to strike targets). I hope that AI reaction to ARM gets properly implemented to the base game to do the HARM justice.

Good stuff on the list.
I am most eager to have a ground radar working so I picked that.

Air to Surface Radar

Could not argue HARM :thinking:

As a matter of fact I chose exactly the same- even though I don’t have the 18; I’m sure the tech developed will help the whole simulator.

1 Like

I’m probably the only one here who voted for the Harpoon.

And i don’t care.

I want the ability to sink ships (that shoot back) in the PG map.

Sue me.

HARM is cool too though.

2 Likes

I answered Some of the above.

1 Like

I thought about the Harpoon too, i like ASuW. But then without an air-ground radar, Harpoon would be pretty pointless. So air-ground radar>Harpoon.

1 Like

How about an option for brightness control on the color DDI?

1 Like

Your wish was their command, juding by the changelog posted today :slight_smile:

Both DDI brightness now can be regulated

2 Likes

If it doesn’t involve an update to how the AI reacts, I will request it, I think it will be important for gameplay and realism of that type of weapon.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: DCS SAMs and Their Annoying Ability to K.O. Our Missiles

Valid point.