DCS F/A-18C

5 Likes

Couple things I’ve noticed are missing is cursor BRA and Bullseye on the A/A radar display.

It could be that it won’t show it if you haven’t selected an A/A WYPT on the HSI but I’m not sure.

4 Likes

ERR MERR GERRD! Like one and a half more dayzzz!

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Thrustmaster F/A-18C Stick Speculation Thread

ooooone mooorrrre dayyyyyy [grinds teeth]

1 Like
3 Likes

As Wags was involved in The Great Jane’s F/A-18E SuperHornet Sim of the 90’s,Do you think he’ll recreate this training mission?
i Remember this was my introduction to Jane’s sim,I Couldn’t believe how incredible the graphics were for the time! :slight_smile: As we’re about 24hrs from The DCS Hornets release I feel some of that same excitement !!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Would you guys believe I have gotten about a half of a dozen PMs this morning from other users asking me to not do so many liveries and such?

Anyway:
VFA-25 (CAG, XO, Line, Line Alt)
VFA-103 (CAG, XO, Line, Line Alt)
VFA-143 (CAG, XO, Line, Line Alt)
VX-31 The Dust Devils Centennial

These are all complete, Will have Art Assets/Marketing Ready for release tomorrow.

I have about 6 more in the pipeline, but I dont think they’ll be ready,

Plus I want to move on to CAMO, soon…

10 Likes

Oh man…I’m going to be torn between using that skin or something custom from @komemiute if I can bribe him into a Mudspike Hornet skin…! :smiley:

2 Likes
3 Likes

True enough-I read that in the article and think it is a good decision.

However, my last deployment–WESTPAC 2004 on STENNIS–we weren’t using those weapons (as CSG-7 N2 I was intimately familiar with our targeting process and weapons employed)…pretty sure none were in the ship’s magazines.

About that time a typical airwing (i.e. CVW-14 on STENNIS) included 2 x FA-18C squadrons, a FA-18E squadron and an F-14D squadron. (Our deployment was the last PACFLT F-14 deployment…to be replaced by another Rhino squadron.) With the Tomcats still doing the bulk of the Fleet air defense CAPs, and only one Rhino squadron, the Hornets were picking up a majority of the air-to-mud missions…so in taking a 2005 look for their FA-18C, I think DCS has captured a good timeframe for their Hornet.

All that said, we are all flightsimmers. I know I wouldn’t mind taking a Walleye shot or two just for fun.:sunglasses:

I have a question:
do our DCS F-18 has a working IFF for BVR combat? Is radar able to identificate friend or foes?

According to the Crash Loabi video posted above, not currently.

I knew this would happen. The Hornet is the most anticipated module, there had to be multiple people doing the same liveries, especially the most famous ones.

Oh… and Skate, please, the VMFA-314, VW-00 is already in the works by someone.

1 Like

Good information, although I guess its probably not out of the realm of possibility to have those, and the more options the better.

2 Likes

Gimmie an Idea and a Color Scheme… ;-D

Thinkin’ Mudspike Logo on the spine, bomb target logo for tail art?

Would just need the Logo’s sent over in a PSD (no background etc)

1 Like

I’m working on some skin too…but I don’t mind if someone else already did them…I do it for fun and for personal pleasure. One for sure nobody else will do…but it will be a surprise :wink::smile:

VX-9?

1 Like

Hey everyone. I have created a second thread for Impressions, AARs and Screenshots after tomorrows release. I hope we can keep the discussion going here but if you wouldn’t mind, please post your impressions and media in that thread.

This is an attempt to break up the discussion a little so that people who might be coming to Mudspike for information (etc) won’t have to wade through a long thread. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

link: DCS F/A-18C (Open Beta) Initial Impressions AAR

5 Likes

Wow… don’t listen to them, I love your liveries!!!

2 Likes