DCS F/A-18C

Speaking of the Centennial:

4 Likes

that’s gorgeous

Just re-read @BeachAV8R’s interview on the DCS F/A-18 in the last PC Pilot. In it DCS tallies a long list of weapons to be including the AGM-45 Shrike, various Walleye munitions and sea mines.

The USN doesn’t use Shrike or Walleye anymore. Yes, technically we can drop mines from a hornet…we practiced it in the late 1980s (from an S-3B) but we didn’t practice dropping mines in my 2004 work-ups.

However, we did practice dropping a leaflet “bomb” (leaflet dispenser) - “information operations” and all that. The employment is pretty easy. Fly at a certain altitude over a certain village / army unit…adjust for predicted winds…pickle…the thing drops off the jet and opes up…leaflets go flying…think MK-20 Rockeye but without the “bang”.

It would be cool if they included the leaflet bomb…I don’t remember the designator.

2 Likes

Anymore. You can’t rain on my mid-80s masochistic streak. no one can

7 Likes

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and Persian Gulf Map for DCS World - Available 1 June 2018 on Steam!

From the updated FAQ

Q: Will the Hornet also be available on Steam?
A: Certainly, and we plan to release it and the Persian Gulf map for Steam on Friday, the 1st of June 2018.

Please note that they were able to bring you the release earlier, but the discount will only be available to standalone users. If you need the discount, then consider switching to the standalone, or wait for a Steam sale.

2 Likes

The DCS F/A-18C is from the early days of 2005ish, and as such that is where the weapons list is being built from.

1 Like

Does this mean that PG and Hornet will come to release version on Friday? Or just Steam Beta version?

IT HURTS SO GOOD

1 Like

Open Beta as is standard practice.

Don’t understand why people are getting upset over the steam release deal. Seems like they are getting it earlier, just without a discount. I think some people literally have more fun bitching about every perceived slight and misstep of ED rather than playing the game.

Pro Tip:

#1 Use standalone.
#2 When Steam sale occurs, purchase old modules at deep discounts, then transfer them over.
#3 Profit.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Couple things I’ve noticed are missing is cursor BRA and Bullseye on the A/A radar display.

It could be that it won’t show it if you haven’t selected an A/A WYPT on the HSI but I’m not sure.

4 Likes

ERR MERR GERRD! Like one and a half more dayzzz!

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Thrustmaster F/A-18C Stick Speculation Thread

ooooone mooorrrre dayyyyyy [grinds teeth]

1 Like
3 Likes

As Wags was involved in The Great Jane’s F/A-18E SuperHornet Sim of the 90’s,Do you think he’ll recreate this training mission?
i Remember this was my introduction to Jane’s sim,I Couldn’t believe how incredible the graphics were for the time! :slight_smile: As we’re about 24hrs from The DCS Hornets release I feel some of that same excitement !!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Would you guys believe I have gotten about a half of a dozen PMs this morning from other users asking me to not do so many liveries and such?

Anyway:
VFA-25 (CAG, XO, Line, Line Alt)
VFA-103 (CAG, XO, Line, Line Alt)
VFA-143 (CAG, XO, Line, Line Alt)
VX-31 The Dust Devils Centennial

These are all complete, Will have Art Assets/Marketing Ready for release tomorrow.

I have about 6 more in the pipeline, but I dont think they’ll be ready,

Plus I want to move on to CAMO, soon…

10 Likes

Oh man…I’m going to be torn between using that skin or something custom from @komemiute if I can bribe him into a Mudspike Hornet skin…! :smiley:

2 Likes
3 Likes