DCS F/A-18C

If it’s old and it works…

2 Likes

One guy on the Facebook post said “would like to have the ability to write cool messages on the bombs”.

Random idea - what if every player could add a “tag” image to their profile (.png / with transparency) that you could overlay on your ordinance?** Just for fun.

**Disclaimer: This feature is meant to be used responsibly.

3 Likes

I don’t understand this phrase.

6 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong…the GBU-24 shown appears to be the BLU-109 or BLU-116 variant, commonly known as Bunker Busters - designed to penetrate hard targets like deeply buried bunkers. As I think about current DCS targets, I don’t think I have seen any that are like that, i.e. cannot be taken out by at least a standard MK-84 or GBU derivative. Any thoughts to adding “hard targets”?

1 Like

Actually the oldest trick in the book is building a big wooden horse with a bunch of guys inside…the honey trap is technically the second oldest trick in the book. :grin:

5 Likes

I suffered the same with the F-35 while I still worked on Military Sims…

1 Like

Aircraft Shelters in the Caucus require two BLU-109s to go down, and are highly resistant to GP bomb bodies. There is also a specific bunker on the PG map that will laugh off GP bombs all day and takes something like four BLU-109s to kill.

1 Like

Cool! I need to look for the PG bunker. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

True. But the military aspect is irrelevant. Such “intamacy” around ANY airplane that’s not yours is totally douchy (and potentially life threatening) behavior.

1 Like

There were some comments in the media, about this, when they announced the participation of Truman in Operation Trident Juncture (2018 NATO Exercise in Norway).
Some activists wanted to know if nukes were onboard.
I thought «Does that really matter? It’s powered by one!» :wink:

2 Likes

I think the Navy has officially declared that all “special weapons” have been removed from carrier magazines. And I mean, the other kind is virtually impossible to make explode. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The key word here being “virtually”

2 Likes

Oh bless your heart.

2 Likes

Or taking a pic of a sub screw. Blade counts are guarded well.

3 Likes

I thought I’d add the process for using HARM TOO here in case others get confused like I did:

• A/G mode select
  • Select HARM
  • Select TOO mode
  • Use the RAID button to pick a target; it’s basically a frontal view for easier filtering – like the EW page, a box indicates target
  • Sensor select switch to the display that has HARM up (diamond will be present in the upper right corner; yes I’m stupid and I missed this step)
  • Uncage button to uncage HARM
  • HARM display will show only the locked target and give you a launch indicate
  • Pickle and watch the show!
4 Likes

The final step is the debrief with the intl guys, where they inform you that the LOW BLOW you thought you shot turned out to me a TV station repeator and now all of Abkhazia will miss the season finale of Game of Thrones…it happens sometimes. :astonished:

5 Likes

I believe you mean “Игра престолов.”

1 Like

Hey everyone!

As with the F-14 Tomcat thread, this one is becoming unmanageable from a forum and new user perspective. We are going to see how sub-categories go with this, allowing this thread to expand out into it’s natural space. I am going to lock this thread but please, feel free to create new threads related to the DSC F/A-18C in the new sub-category over here: DCS F/A-18C Hornet - Mudspike Forums

2 Likes