DCS F/A-18C

There are no axes, you must map the Throttle Designation Controller up/down/left/right buttons. TDC Priority needs to be on the radar screen

That is Qatari Ryals… Yeah, that’s about right 79 USD

Thanks Buddy, How do you turn on TDC Priority?

There’s a TDC priority aft/froward/left/right hat that controls which DDI (or the HUD) the TDC is controlling. You’ll need to map it.

Thanks a million. I’m on it. Got my first BVR Sparrow Kill :slight_smile:

TDC prio also puts radar into ACM modes if you are into AA mode, right?

I find it odd that the AA/AG/NAV modes are not on the HOTAS but small buttons on the dashboard. On the other hand, you get into AA pretty quickly by manipulating the stick AA weapon choice control.

I think the idea is that you shouldn’t have to suddenly switch to a/g in most situations, but there is a possibility of having a “oh sh*t it’s sidewinder time”, hence the a/a weapon switch on the stick.

2 Likes

Is the TDC on the throttle a four way switch IRL or a two analog axis control like on the A-10C?

It’s the same in F-16 where you have radio buttons for modes on top of UFC and on the throttle overrides for quick MRM/SRM work (aka dogfight/missile override).

1 Like

The mode sel sw goes to acm, bore, vertical or wide scan. It also selects witch sensor you are on. Once there I had to configure slew because slew access is not functional yet. Overall this bird is very well thought out. Once I got it, it made sense. I’m having fun. Is it me or is the MiG-21 more agile. I’m very impressed with the Ai in a dog fight. Seems very advanced now.

The 21 should be more agile unless it’s heavily laden and the Hornet is relatively clean. If you’re flying them right, of course. If you’re not, the Hornet is probably more forgiving and will give you the edge.

Note this video has some of the upcoming fixes. Such as AIM-7 on inner stations, no CCIP to AUTO bug, remove moving map

9 Likes

OohYeah!

• Wags.

Nice video, loving the hornet.

Finally I will be able to disable moving map on the MPCD. It drove me crazy in night environment. :sunglasses:

Simple Radio has been updated to version 1.5.2.0 to include functionality with the hornet.

Get it HERE

3 Likes

Hey @SkateZilla if you’re looking for more Hornet livery ideas, I’ll just leave this here:

3 Likes

You mean something like this?

6 Likes

Yeah, you could definitely say that. Some what like that. Very much like that.

3 Likes

Well said, Sir. Spoken like a true Master :slight_smile: Its a whole lot of fun. I cant ever fly the '21 like the Ai does, so I’m impressed.

Last night we got axis for the TDC. Wohooo!!!

1 Like

Getting rid of that Air Force HGU-55 look. Adjusted colors and removed the gray leather covers one the side. I’m also planing to do a helmet with the white stripes (which act as reflectors?) as well.

5 Likes