DCS F/A-18C

They’re a safety precaution for operating off the boat. In the case of emergency, the white reflective tape makes the pilot easier to spot in the water.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Speaking of which, are we going to get a liferaft for after we eject any time soon, or at least the ability to inflate our float coats? It’s getting kinda old dying over any over again, even when I punch out before my plane goes into the drink.

just need to re-introduce CSAR - the Mi-8 rocks at that !! Then you can collect your own carcass and drag it back to the boat !!!

3 Likes

MH-60S. Come on Belsimtek. You know you want to do it.

4 Likes

After the F-111 please Belsimtek

1 Like

I’ll just inflate my ego. It’ll keep me afloat.

3 Likes

Nobody gets a damn thing until this is finished.

Finish%20it

10 Likes

If there’s anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

1 Like

Being able to pick up downed pilots from the drink with a Huey / Hip would be awesome!

1 Like

That dude makes great videos and I eternally hate him because they’re way better than mine and I am a very shallow person!

I really need to up my game, badly.

1 Like

It used to be a part of blue flag to return your lives. Still on some servers. I think blue flag removed it for performance of their server. I guess the countryside was awash with downed pilots.

1 Like

Yeah - I thought Open Conflict server’s way of dealing with it was quite clever.

You had ‘downed pilot’ rescue missions but instead of leaving the ‘real’ pilot object on the location, the mission had ‘static object’ (for the lack of a better word) downed pilots in regular intervals, I think.

Basically when a plane crashed, the nearest static pilot location would trigger as a rescue location. You fly within 5NM of the location and ask for a smoke in the chat and a green smoke would pop by the static pilot.

You land close to the pilot and use a pick up command in chat. The pilot graphic would stay in place on the ground but the game records you having picked the pilot up.

I don’t know anything about coding but I guess that would mean that the countryside only ever has a set number of ‘downed pilot’ objects to keep track of.

2 Likes

Ahhh that does sound good

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3522949&postcount=130

Hey everyone,

There are several issues that we could not resolve for a Hot Fix today, and still be confident in not potentially breaking something else. So, we’re planning our next update for Wednesday of next week (13 June). We are listening very carefully to your feedback and have many good items for the next update.

We are also pushing to move the Hornet to the “Stable” version such that those that have limited disk space can remove their OB if desired.

Thanks!

10 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3524220&postcount=60

Among many fixes and changes for the update next week, one item will be the often requested ability to remove the pylons.

9 Likes

Does the removal of the pylons affect the flight model, remove weight, less drag, etc.?

1 Like

I believe so,That’s how The Blue Angels Fly.

It should affect it just as anything else you add or take off on the jet.