DCS F/A-18C

May be different against other jets, the mig-29 in particular has always been far more resilient in the game than most other aircraft. It usually will soak up twice or more of the damage that just about any other jet in the game can.

Internally they have already stated that countermeasure resistance has been significantly improved, so we shall see whenever that patch makes it live.

I can relate to the occasional accidental release of missiles.

For what ever reason my trigger finger has an occasional involuntary twitch and I’ve accidentally loosed missiles

Nobody shot down yet, but imagine the first time I fly multiplayer this well happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Premature missile release, eh? Thank goodness I’ve never been plagued by that. :smirk:

I guess it’s the same as with firearms, the only time your finger should actually be on the trigger is when you intend to pull it.

2 Likes

Ya I thought the same thing, but I can’t fly well with my finger off the trigger. I’d be surprised to learn flight simmers fly with their finger off the trigger button

This is where I’m finding the two-stage trigger of the Warthog has been saving me- I also have a hard time flying with my finger not on the trigger every now and again.

Isn’t that what the Master Arm switch is for?

1 Like

Good point Navynuke, I should program my missiles for the second trigger stage

Master arm has saved me from a few premature looses for sure schurem :curling_stone:

1 Like

Hello.Thanks for your tip with the size of Command Menu !!! Perfect !!!it is also possible to change the font color and size of allies / enemies caption with touch ++. if so where can I find at dcs 2.5 beta. with friendly greetings

3 Likes

I think that the file should exist in the same location as mentioned in @Peaches post (in your DCS Open Beta install).

1 Like

Pretty much. You mat recall that in the VF-32 / Libyan Mig-23 shoot dow, the RIO goes to Master Arm ON fairly late in the engagement.

In the Fleet there has, now and then, been discussions about when to go Master Arm ON…it seems to me to be what you are doing and how you are doing it.

If I’m dropping or shooting things with pickle button out of the way of my thumb, then perhaps Master Arm ON comes early in the checklist. If you are running a BVR intercept, then maybe one of the last things you do. CAP? Probably keep it off until you have a target. Mig-Sweep? maybe ON at the ingress point (feet wet) and Off at the egress point (feet dry)?

BTW, in the Viggen, there is no Master Arm. There is a cover over the firing button. First trigger click, opens the cover, second fires/drops the weapon. In most cases there are visual cues on the HUD after the first click to let you know you have a hot trigger. Pretty cool.

3 Likes

Welcome to Mudspike @Jetman! :mudspike:

Wait, are you saying that turning master arm on and arming flares just before going light on the skids and performing the 5ft hover check isn’t the official way of doing it??

Also warm welcome to Jetman!

1 Like

LOL…Helos are different…in more ways than one. :wink:

…we all buy several aircraft and helo models to do various things that fire or drop weapons in different ways…sometimes different in the same aircraft (Mig-21 essentially has at least 3 separate arming switches and a button guard for the pickle.)

…so if you are like me, you post takeoff procedure may be: Wheels UP, Flaps UP, Master Arm ON. Far from a premature launch, I have experienced more “no drops” than I care to mention. :open_mouth:

…and hello to Jetman! :slightly_smiling_face: (Strange that nobody took that callsign/screen name before…you wold think that all of us virtually zooming around in jets all the time…just say’n)

Well happened too with Spaniards Euro fighter in Estonia so…

2 Likes

Question for those in the F-18 know. I’ve been playing around with different bomb load outs, and I noticed that if I have say… dual Mk 83’s on the inboard pylons and single Mk 83’s on the outboard pylons, I can only select/ drop the dual Mk 83’s. Once those are dropped I then have to cycle the Lsk on the stores page to be able to select/ drop the single Mk 83’s. I noticed the same thing with four Mk 84’s on the wings and a Mk 84 centerline. The wings drop, then I have to cycle the Lsk to select/ drop the centerline. So my question is, is this simply how the 18’s stores work IRL? Or is this an Early Access thing?

My understanding is the jet will not allow you to pickle off bombs from MERs and bombs from pylons in the same pulse do to separation concerns. I don’t know about the center line thing, perhaps @boomerang10 knows something.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

12 Likes

Hush now aardvark, you’re not even a module.

3 Likes

…yet.

1 Like

yet