DCS F/A-18C

I thought the A-3 Whales were larger and heavier.

Operative word being fighter

I’m looking forward to the D model so I can sit in the back seat and let the AI land it on the carrier…BTW are we keeping score of ramp strikes?

2 Likes

One cannot claim to be a true Navy Cold Warrior unless they have witnessed the “Whale Dance” first hand. :scream: Yes I’m talking about you @Navynuke99. Just say’n. :sunglasses:

No D model planned.

1 Like

@Hangar200 D model will most likely be made as a community mod eventually.

Looking good there! 21st century awesomeness!

Very doubtful. You’d need the source code.

1 Like

Wow sopwith! I played the backside of that game!

1 Like

11 Likes

Might be related, might not be, but will we see smoke rockets for the Bug any time soon?

I should have added the winking emoji. My “desire” for a D model stems from my record of ramp strikes when trying to get back aboard the boat. You see if an AI pilot was flying in the front seat…

In the real world, I have one (1) trap. It was on the STENNIS and I was in the back of a C-2. So if somebody ever decides to make a C-2, I’ll get it! … and ride as a passenger.

Oops…almost forgot…:wink:

4 Likes

Perhaps this has been asked and answered already, but why use CBU-99 over Mk20? Aren’t they virtually identical in payload?

1 Like

Was browsing around and found this picture of a Canadian F/A-18 with a SNIPER TGP:

I recall reading that the Bug is supposed to get ATFLIR, but was it ever confirmed if LITENING would be introduced along with NITEHAWK?

I’m 99% sure LITENING is a NOGO. Nitehawk was originally planned because they felt they couldn’t get accurate information on ATFLIR, but that changed.

Bummer. Guess the VMFAs will have to play make-believe with the ATFLIR.

Sorta Kinda. LITENING is only a shore based thing in the Corps, when they deploy to the boat they just draw ATFLIR from Navy stocks. Obvious solution is to avoid land bases, like all Hornets should.

1 Like

Next you’ll tell me the Harrier doesn’t actually operate from short, improvised fields, as intended!

Oh man, I need to go find my copy of Hornets Over Kuwait. When he’s not complaining that women exist within 1,000NM of his precious squadron and its warrior spirit, threatening both with their feminine wiles, the author spends like five pages building a glorious straw man against the Harrier. Does a way better job than I could.

ED’s justification is they’re doing a Navy Hornet, with Navy stuff, and if they start adding in feature X or Y from country Z, then where do they draw the line? Whether or not I totally agree with that :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Can’t fault 'em, is what it is. I’d like them to explore the possibilities in the future, but that may not make business sense.

Was only asking because there’s a lot of variations out there in the Bug fleet that I’m only just running across now. If they follow through on the F-16, I’m sure that will make the Bug absolutely pale in comparison.

1 Like