DCS F/A-18C

1 Like

I really would like to lobby for a Canadian F-18 skin.

2 Likes

Shoulda lobbied for F/A-18Cs instead :kissing: :musical_score:

2 Likes

Hmmm, mostly Oceana squadrons for the Navy- the Stingers are the exception. We played with them on our maiden deployment in '06…trying to remember if their bird was the one that had the ramp strike…

Marine squadrons are out of Miramar.

@komemiute, when the time comes I’m sure one of us will ask you for a custom Chippy Ho! Dambusters skin:

1 Like

I think liveries will be the least of any possible problems. There are SO many skilled artists in our community, I am sure that there will be Spanish, Canadian and a lot of different real and fictional ones very quickly.

4 Likes

No Aussies or Spanish either? Odd. I’m sure that will be quickly rectified but still…

I understand Malaysia’s exclusion, they barely have any and they’re just Ds.

I believe the justification is that they’re focusing on active F/A-18C squadrons. The Canucks, Spaniards and Aussies use variants of the A,

1 Like

Calling @komemiute

2 Likes

That’s not an F-111…

2 Likes

That’s not Michelle Jenneke…

2 Likes

To me the Hornet looks even better with all these awesome paints from various nations.

1 Like

Its not as fast as an f-111
It has nowhere near the range of an f-111
It has nowhere near the bomb capacity of an f-111
It can’t carry nukes like an f111

So until i get an f-111…

3 Likes

Wait, can yours not?

Our’s totally can.

2 Likes

F-18 nuke

F111 nuke

5 Likes

On one hand: there is one nuke to rule them all.

on the other:

3 Likes

My point is actually the opposite of making a mission difficult.
What I tried to express was that the missions should simply have a role tailored for the air frame.
By all means that would make the mission easier, if anything.

So no A10C vs SA10, no Huey facing an entire mechanized battalion in CQB, no F15C element vs the whole Red Army aviation.

Simpler, shorter missions with clear briefing/objective, giving the feeling of being a little cog in the Air Force of my coalition not the pivotal and only point of failure of the Air Offensive.

I put a smile now :smiley: as I really mean this with an open heart and positivity, not for bashing actual missions on actual servers.

TL;DR_ I hope more airframes will allow for simpler, shorter, more organic missions.

1 Like

This.
Really.

I shouldn’t have written the above post.
I should know that @AeroMechanical is better with words! :smiley:
THANKS!

1 Like

I haven’t forgotten about my promise, my friend.
I owe you a lot and I will deliver, rest assured.

Unless I die first :skull:… in that case I will not grant anything.

Ahhh you are too kind @komemiute . You don’t owe me anything. Its good to have the friendship and banter

1 Like

…and the fact that you’re going to say that the A-6 is better than the F-111
:japanese_ogre: