DCS F/A-18C

1 Like

3vqxn

3 Likes

None of that is terribly complicated. A lot we have seen before in the A-10C. Quite a bit is, for most, arguably irrelevant ‘deep systems’ stuff. I am glad ED is doing it, because it speaks to the complexity and depth that you will be able to get from the module but to get up and fly does not requiring knowing all the nuts-and-bolts as @near_blind is describing them.

I wouldn’t panic.

2 Likes

Nah, you all should panic. There isn’t any real reason to, I just get a kick out of it.

If you pay attention, that stores page is functionally a combination of three pages that exist on the A-10C: DSMS, Profile and Inventory. For Mk-8x, LGBs and Rockets, that is as complex as it gets.

Most of this should have been previously set up on the ground. Practically all you need to do is call up A/G mode (the A/G button on the left eye-lid). Bring up the STORES page, hit PROG until you see the program you want. Find the target and then hold down the pickle button.

I can’t repeat this enough: if you can handle an A-10C, you shouldn’t have any problems with this jet. The F/A-18C has a much more streamlined and ergonomic interface.

3 Likes

Basically this.

You can go from cold and dark to shacking a target with dumb bombs and slinging AMRAAMs in a couple hours of practice, which is usually quite fun in itself.

If even that sounds overwhelming, then hop onto teamspeak and odds are someone will be able to give you a hand!

2 Likes

TACAN in action

5 Likes

aka the “I swore the carrier was here when I left, where’d it go?” Instrument.

4 Likes

What?! Panic? Me?! HAHAHAHHAahhahaha.ah…ahah…ah.

passes out

2 Likes

Hey, 1980 called, they’d like to have their cockpit back.

1 Like

Found it!

6 Likes

They’ve been using that stick a lot…

5 Likes

Don’t laugh, that is what the cockpit I went through initial tech school training on looked like! When I told guys I worked block 30s at Kunsan they said “there was a Block 30?” That is when I knew it was time to retire.

10 Likes

Don’t forget the Jimmy Fallon & Paul Rudd version …

2 Likes

Hornet Sound Test | By DCS World by Eagle Dynamics | Facebook

Turn on the sound!!

2 Likes
13 Likes

Flyby views are great. I still think TAW had one of the best flyby view sounds…

1 Like

From DCS FB Page
_"Although you’ll be starting the Hornet using battery power almost all the time, the ground power electrical bus panel will also functional. However, you’d only really use this during systems tests when you do not want to start up the jet. After requesting external electrical power from the ground crew, you will enable the main external electrical power switch. With external electrical power enabled, you can use the four ground power switches that each controls a separate group of systems/instruments. The control bus for each switch is listed on placard below the DISP button.

I’m discussing this now because I probably won’t touch on this during the Hornet Start Up video.

Work continues on the caution and advisory system."

_

8 Likes

From DCS FB
“Anyone spot the small but OCD-inducing fix?
Answer: It was correct alignment for the DZUS fasteners.”

5 Likes

New Hornet Wallpaper available from GA

4 Likes

If that were a Leatherneck wallpaper…I’d ask people to enhance it because there is probably a clue to their next product lurking in the dark…

http://giant.gfycat.com/FineLeanJavalina.gif

5 Likes