DCS F/A-18C

Today was a big step forward with the advisory and caution system in that we committed it into the rest of the Hornet simulation. Unlike yesteryears when such systems based on simple scripts, the system being created for our Hornet is all being based on all detail simulated sub-systems and all the correct display, clearing, priority logic. While being something that may appear from the outside as rather mundane and simple, it’s been far, far from it. With it now being “live” in the rest of the Hornet simulation, we can begin the process of debugging this complex system. At the same time, this a big step toward completing the sub-systems damage modeling.

5 Likes

Further update from Wags:

In just 24 hours since the Caution and Advisory system was moved into the simulation, the team has already rocketed through almost half conditions. Here you can see the right engine started, but not the left yet. I’m just waiting on a few key audio elements now before I can get started on the Hornet start up video.

5 Likes

I wonder if they’ve contracted with anyone to do the training campaign (I’m hoping there will be one)…I’d suggest Maple Flag or someone similar. It would be really great to have a campaign type training situation with a bit of that extra polish that some of these professional campaign makers can give.

2 Likes

Don’t agree, brother. Most of our combat aircraft sims are too simplifted and don’t give a good indication of pilot workload. I say bring it on 100%.

That would be outstanding. I would certainly go for that, even if the campaign(s) had to be bought separately.

1 Like

From DCS Facebook…
_As much of the code team is busy working on the caution and advisory system (the last and toughest ones are always the worst), the art team has been working on the new stores for the Hornet. While there are many stores existing in DCS World that we can use, there are several that we are creating from scratch.

While not as interesting as a new bomb or missile, a new external fuel tank has been badly needed for the Hornet.
_

5 Likes

Let’s play the wild speculation game!

I bet the Litening pod mounted on the wrong pylon is a placeholder for ATFLIR.

EDIT: Also I’m generally not one for purses, but those bags, man.

4 Likes

I also noticed that and was guessing the same thing.

If you zoom in under the right engine nacelle, under the dirt it says…

F-111 coming soon.

3 Likes

I seem to remember Oleg saying that ATFLIR is likely to be added way after the begin of early access.

This doesn’t get said often: Dubai is looking great!

3 Likes

USMC mounts it on Left Fuselage or Centerline Station.

3 Likes

The city is amazing. So long as you’re not there in the middle of the summer.

1 Like

So… uh… LITENING confirmed? :smiley:

(Before this starts a thing, it’s not)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3280232#post3280232

12 Likes

The pilot already ejected…but left his seat behind

3 Likes

LoL :joy:

You guys!!

12 Likes

So. Nice! Fantastic!

mmmmmmmmmmm