DCS F/A-18C

Nice. Of course the infantry standing out in the open along a major road without attached AAA deserved a rocket pass. I’m surprised they didn’t cover themselves in reflective tape. Still…nice.

1 Like

Plot twist - Navy pilot goes rogue when finds out Marine is having a fling with his wife. Exacts his revenge during exercise.

7 Likes

They died because they didn’t have their reflective PT belts.

6 Likes

I’ve heard of such things happening, actually… Well, maybe not the rocket attack part, but the rest, yes.

Probably not a good idea to meet your nemesis on the fantail eh?

1 Like

well, that pilot isnt gonna be firing the Aim-7’s without the launchers… :wink:

I’m a bit of a sound guy and the sounds in this are really really getting close to what we perceive in reality. :stuck_out_tongue:

One of the planned air-to-air weapons for the Early Access will be the AIM-7 Sparrow. In addition to the M version, we also plan the F and H versions. While still very much work-in-progress, the AIM-7 SMS page is taking shape and some of the basic HUD symbology. Still Sparrow work to do on radar integration, along with FLOOD and HOJ modes.

Work on the caution and advisory system continues with good progress; this has been a very complex and time-intensive undertaking. Other areas being worked on are the bombing HUD modes, A/A radar, INS waypoint system, RWR, and countermeasures.

Not sure what they mean by the -7H, I’m only aware of a RIM-7H, which is the a slightly updated Sea Sparrow from the early 70s.

Hail to the -7 Papa

5 Likes

Very nice, love the last shot with the Sparrows. That is how I am going to use the Hornet anyway :slight_smile:

The AIM-7F will also be very fitting for the F-14A and F–4E.

Typo, should have been P.

Hot damn. H was a typo. It’s the AIM-7P.

All Glory to the Mid-link Updating Sparrow. Now if they would kindly unbork the missile code so these models have an appreciable difference, that’d be just peachy.

3 Likes

Mini Update

"In case of a departure, the Hornet was provided a spin/departure recovery system that instructs the pilot on how to command the controls to exit a spin. However, this did not really help with a much more serious “falling leaf” departure… As the Hornet evolved, the Flight Control System (FCS) became advanced enough that the jet could automatically recover itself by simply taking hands off the controls and allow the jet to fly itself out of the departure. In fact, the spin recovery switch should not really be used in later F/A-18s.

However, to be complete, we plan to model this system. Here are some work-in-progress images of it in action.

It’s been a very long haul with the Caution and Advisory System that has entailed the simulation of many other systems that feed into it like electrical, fuel, hydraulic, navigation, mission computers, flight control system, engine, AMAD, TAWS, and others. However, we are getting pretty close now to have functions in place to create an authentic Hornet start up. Thanks for your patience on this."

10 Likes

Sounds like my approach to landing in the real world… :sunglasses:

10 Likes

That’s taking the “God is my copilot” approach literally…

1 Like

New Hornet WallPapers**

5 Likes

Today’s quick update:
ED Forum Post link: here

Another little improvement coming with the Hornet is an improve afterburner effect. It’s these little things that we hope to make the Hornet a truly great product.

4 Likes

My desktop at work…

4 Likes

2 Likes

:nauseated_face:

Its ghost ectoplasm @JediMaster, get your mind out of the gutter! Havent you seen your classics? Kids these days… tsk tsk tsk.

10 Likes