DCS F/A-18C

I would say that truboprop is turbo-charged piston engine. So with this in mind jet engine driving a propeller must be a jetprop :slight_smile:

I agree, as that makes sense. But the common name for jet engine, or turbine engine, driven propellers is turboprop.

I think it was Cessna (maybe the Conquest) that tried to buck convention and called their plane the “Jet Prop”…LOL…

2 Likes

Everytime I get a stupid question about when I will be allowed to fly the big planes, or did the Dash8 serve in WWII, I explain that the propeller is in fact driven by a jet engine, and that 4% of its thrust is derived from the jet exhaust. :slight_smile:

I was going to post a .GIF, but 75% of my GIF characters are now under investigation for various sex crimes. It’s a hard time to be a reaction poster…

facepalm1

3 Likes

That’s why I stick to various combos of the Riker/ Picard combination.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Fingers-crossed that nothing comes out about @discobot

2 Likes

Next week - the big reveal in THAT relationship. :thinking:

2 Likes

Are you clean @discobot?

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: It is decidedly so

4 Likes

It’s always the ones you don’t expect :frowning:

So was that CVN John Stennis actually the same model that ED were talking about a while back or was this a mod that was just used for the video? I’m sure there was a user mod of a nice carrier in the ED files section…

I don’t know…but I can’t wait to land the VEAO T-45 on that…oh…err…wait…

3 Likes

Ouch, too soon.

CrazyEddie has several modded carriers in the user file section- I was looking through there for Combined Arms stuff a couple of days ago. Granted, all the CVN’s 68-75 are basically the same layout, shape, size, and appearance, and it’s likely just a matter of changing the big numbers on the side of the island.

We’ve had Vinson (70) before in LOMAC, Flaming Cliffs, etc, right?

1 Like

@Navynuke99 My heart is in aviation, but holy crap I could listen to sea story’s all day.

2 Likes

So is the 18 coming with SoH? I mean released at the same time?

Until the carriers arrive, we can have drawing contests :slight_smile:
http://www.bbc.com/news/42032629

2 Likes

Mini Update from Wags!
ED Forum link: here

Let’s talk a little about sensors…

A key aspect of the Hornet early access release will be the air-to-air radar modes that consist of Range While Search (RWS), Single Target Track (STT), Latent Track While Scan (LTWS), and the Air Combat Maneuvering Mode of Boresight Acq (, Vertical Acq (VACQ), Wide Acq (WACQ), and Long Range Automatic Acq (AACQ). A lot of our efforts are now devoted to this.

Attached is an image just showing a symbol test. Several items are quite incorrect (it’s just a symbol test), so please don’t get too wrapped around the axle on this.

Once that is complete and the Early Access version of the Hornet has been released, we’ll be using the air-to-ground radar technology we’ve been developing over the past few years to create the A/G modes of the AN/APG-73 radar we are simulating. Our goal is to create the most realistic simulation of an A/G radar ever done for a game. This will be in addition to including the remaining A/A radar modes and functions.

Upon wrapping up the APG-73, we’ll move on to the ATFLIR, and at that time, develop a new and improved FLIR technology to provide the best and most realistic simulation of such a sensor.
You may also note in the image that we’ve been working on the lighting system for the IFEI. In fact, the panel was modified.

As for the Hornet start up video, we are just waiting on one critical item to be resolved with the caution and advisory system. The AV-8B will have the limelight to itself this weekend, but I hope to the Hornet start up video to you the week after… finally.

10 Likes