DCS F/A-18C

I’m tired of all of these teasers, just give me the jet so I can work on my carrier trapping. I’m going through some post E3 withdraws.

2 Likes

Those videos are gorgeous. The addition of the grass on the revetment sides really makes them look good…

1 Like

Those trees! them forests! that water! those rounded hills! I wish I could just go to sleep for three weeks and find it on my box next morning.

I have been putting off quite a bunch of training for 2.5 because after 2.2 I find it hard to put up with 1.5.8.

1 Like

Looks nice. Now how well does it work in VR?

1 Like

VR performance should be along the lines of the current 2.2, as always, its a WIP and improvements are on going.

This is his baby, he has been working very hard on documentation, testing, communicating with SMEs and all the other stuff that goes into these things, I think he enjoyed showing off where it is now, even with a few bumps here and there.

7 Likes

Just got around to watching the videos…
I feel christmas is making a rerun in january when thinking about the imminent release of 2.5!

The sounds of the Hornet are great! I especially liked the rumble as AoA increases. This is important feedback, as we can’t feel the G’s.
One question though. The ambient cockpit buzz sounds quite realistic. But is it that audible when wearing a helmet?

2 Likes

From Wags:

Yes, but will be less if you enable the “helmet” option in audio settings. The ECS system is even louder than the engines. It can be reduced a bit with defog handle all the way back

2 Likes

Didn’t think of that!
Thanks for finding the answer for me :slight_smile:

21 posts were split to a new topic: Hypoxia

Didn’t I hear a rumor that there’s a version in the works without wing pylons?

Here is a piece of data I sent to ED on the GE F404 engine startup sounds. It is basically feedback from a valve and varies in duration based on air temperature, pressure, first or second start of the day, etc. This is a random sampling of 12 F-18C starts and the average duration is 16.6 seconds for those who do not want to waste four minutes of their life listening. :slight_smile:

The F-117 uses the same engine but it behaves just slightly differently. The ignition and fuel scheduling were a little different so 8-12 seconds was normal depending on temperature with maybe one start in five trailing on for 15-20 seconds like the ones in this video do. They also had/have a really deep bass rumble that accompanied the normal sound, especially when launching from inside a hangar as they usually did. You could sometimes get in exactly the right spot in exactly the right conditions and it would really resonate and shake you apart for a few seconds. God, I miss that jet. :pensive:

For Mudspikers only. Please don’t share.

https://youtu.be/SQnUn3tWGTU

14 Likes

Totally watched that entire video :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Holy crap, that brings back memories. Definitely listened to the whole thing and could almost smell the kerosene.

1 Like

That was Awesome,Thank You!

could not help but watch the entire video. I’ll say very nice as awesome is already taken :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That is one ugly loadout hombre. Fun to play with, but that’s gonna put your assymetric drag and weight right up to the limits.

3 Likes

Stunning sounds Bunyap, thanks for sharing.

https://youtu.be/0VWtOOdkncI?t=4m46s

really cool cruise video here, although i think most of them are Super’s. My favorite part for some reason is the slow-mo bomb release. First time I’ve seen the mechanism slow enough to see how it works. Pretty cool.