DCS F/A-18C

Just try not to break your wrist like I have just done. No flying or DCS for me. A decent cold should suffice ;). .

2 Likes

That’s a real bummer. Gonna need that other hand Warthog grip to install…!

2 Likes

I’m hoping that after the more permanent cast is fitted tomorrow I will have a little more mobility with my hand so that I can at least clumsily use the stick and maybe the mouse. Of course, a Leftie stick grip would be great for flying an Airbus 320… hmmmmm,

2 Likes

You need a yoke :wink:

1 Like

http://www.simgazine.com/new-generation-of-airbus-sidestick-for-flight-sim/

They still fly using their hands? That’s a plane for babies! - Elijah Wood BTTF2

After Amazon buys Boeing in 15 years, all planes will be flown by Alexa.

“Alexa, set power to climb.”
“Ok, power set to climb.”

“Alexa, avoid that storm ahead, I really don’t care how you do it.”
“Ok, rerouting south for 15 miles.”

“Alexa, play the latest Rolling Stones album in the cabin.”
“Ok, but I can’t believe Keith Richards is still alive, either.”

6 Likes

Hey now, I’m hoping at least one of my girls gets to fly the F-35! My 4 year olds really love DCS.

15 Likes

Heh I know that feeling. My daughter just turned seven and when mommy doesn’t watch I keep her training relevant in Rise of Flight.

She can fly straight and level and perform flat turns with the Bebe!
Soon She’ll be able to take off :smiley:

No weapons so far, jsut the pleasure of flying.

EDIT: Gosh we all know where this is going… Soon we’ll have our kids to do the fly-ins in Father-child teams! :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Oh dear my daughter and/or son flying DCSW would be epic!
Now I really want that trainer to be finished, looking at you Aviodev!

1 Like

Challenge accepted!

3 Likes

Sick Days?.. I’ma have to Go for my Paid vacation + Sick days…

1 Like

Need to get her ready to be your pilot in the F-14 while you RIO.

2 Likes

I bought my son FC3 and Combined Arms so he could JTAC for me. It did not appeal and he would rather play CS doh!!!

1 Like

Updated again:
1- Introduction and Basic Controls
2- Cold Start
3- Airfield Taxi and Takeoff
4- TACAN Navigation
5- Waypoint Navigation
6- VFR Airfield Landing
7- IFR Airfield Landing
8- Air-to-Air Radar Overview
9- Aerial Refueling
10- Carrier Takeoff
11- Case I and II Carrier Landing
12- Air-to-Air Gun
13- AIM-9
14- AIM-7
15- AG Gun and Rockets
16- Unguided Bombs
17- Defensive Systems

6 Likes

Yeah, I might need to take some vacation as well…

1 Like

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3421155&postcount=37

Over the weekend the team implemented both big and small items into the latest build that move us ever forward to an Early Access release. We are still on track for an Early Access release prior to the end of Spring 2018. However, we have no tighter estimate at this time given the complexities involved and the unknowns of how long testing will require.

1- The Waypoint navigation system is now functional in the simulation and tied to the Inertial Navigation System (INS). This includes indications both on the HSI and HUD. This also includes most of the functionality for the HSI/DATA/WYPT page. This will provide most waypoint functions used by players. After Early Access release, we will implement the option for the programming of three waypoint sequences in the Mission Editor and the creation of Offset Waypoints using the HSI page. The last big item for waypoints in the Early Access release will be implementing the Waypoint Designate (WPDSG) option, that will set the selected waypoint as the target point. This is important for both weapon and sensor cuing.

2- Starting from an airfield or aircraft carrier has some key differences when setting up the cockpit controls. For example: When starting from an airfield, the Hook Bypass switch should be set to FIELD and the Anti-Skid switch should be set to ON; when starting on an aircraft carrier, the Hook Bypass switch should be set to should be set to CARRIER and the Anti-Skid switch should be set to OFF. This weekend we enabled the ability to set default cockpit configurations for Ramp, Hot, and Runway starts to account for the starting location.

3- Aerial refueling is now implemented. Now I just need to get good enough at this to not embarrass myself too much in a video.

4- Fuel dump logic and animation has been implemented. This can be quite important to meeting max trap weights.

Onward and upwards!

Thanks,
Matt “Wags” Wagner
Senior Producer

7 Likes

Looking forward to the air refuelling blooper reel :grinning:

2 Likes

I would pay money to see that! :smile:

Because the information singularity muss sein

6 Likes

So much hottness in two photos

2 Likes