DCS F/A-18C

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3418201&postcount=36

Hornet update time!

As mentioned earlier, a lot of the work is focused on the air-to-air radar, and Single Track Target (STT) mode in particular. This uses “electronic roll” logic and we are now finalizing the antenna scan and limits. Once that is done, we can finish up the ACM modes and STT lock in BVR mode. This would also then allow us to finish up air-to-air symbology for the HUD and attack display.

I had hoped/planned to next do an IFR field landing video, but we first want to set up proper instrumentation for the approach. USN Hornets are NOT equipped with standard ILS equipment. Instead, they most often use ACLS, PAR, or ICLS. We had first planned ICLS, but it appears this is no longer used, so we will instead develop ACLS ground stations that can be placed at an airfield, but like a TACAN station. Instead, I think the next academic video will be aerial refueling (became functional this week).

The waypoint system is making great progress, with just a few items to clean up on the DATA page and include the appropriate HUD data.

The art team further improved the cockpit by adding an albedo property to the textures using a PBR rendering method. This gives the surfaces a more authentic paint on metal look. You can see this in the two attached images.

Other advancements have also been made on the Hornet external sounds and the vapor effects.

Thanks,
Matt “Wags” Wagner
Senior Producer

5 Likes

Pretty Much,

New Super Hornets are going to USN

USN Legacy Hornet Retirement is being Expedited,

All USN Legacy Hornets that Meet Criteria are Sent to Cecil Field to be Stripped and Reborn as F/A-18C+ Airframes for the USMC Program.

So wait a second… Was that the in - game sound in the flight dynamics video recently posted?

No they were not, unfortunately the person that made that demo replaced the sounds. But the Hornet sounds are getting there, and I hope they will release a new one showcasing that soon.

2 Likes

The previous vapor effects looked pretty good already. The ones in the demonstration video thumbnail even more and with the new improved textures there is a lot more detail to the cockpit now. The MFCD seems to own a lot more visual detail as well now.

I don’t care about AA work. I am happy dropping bombs n stuff. So can they release it now :slight_smile: I wonder if the learning curve will be similar to the A-10C I nailed that after about 5 years of study :wink:

I just want to say thank you for the communication and updates. It used to be a complaint that was levied and “on the list” years ago that what was coming, and why, was impenetrable. But for the last few years, as far as I am concerned, that is clearly no longer the case and a much appreciated change. The updates are detailed, the videos either informative, exciting, or both, and the pace is ramping excitement.

It is really fun now to get excited about what is coming soon and where it is all going in the future.

8 Likes

I think this is mostly Razbam’s doing though, they started communicating and showing a whole lot of information of the development progress of the M2000, before that no developer did and they just dropped the end product!

2 Likes

I am not sure if this has been asked and answered i cannot find an answer anywhere
Question is, will our center MFD for the hornet be a color display? And will it contain a moving map?

From What I can find as far as far as pictures are concerned the bloc 21 does have it.

1 Like

Yes the lower one behind the stick is the MPCD (IIRC) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, Center Screen is MPCD.

2 Likes

Thank the maker
appreciate the response! Thank you

1 Like

FAQ Update:

Q: Will interactive training missions be included?
A: Yes, the following free lessons are planned for the Early Access:

1- Cold Start
2- Airfield Taxi and Takeoff
3- Carrier Takeoff
4- Navigation
5- VFR Airfield Landing
6- IFR Airfield Landing
7- Case I and II Carrier Landing
8- Aerial Refueling
9- AG Gun and Rockets
10- Unguided Bombs
11- Air-to-Air Radar Overview
12- Air-to-Air Gun
13- AIM-9
14- AIM-7
15- Defensive Systems

9 Likes

I’m feeling some sick days coming on…

3 Likes

Don’t forget, you have to cough 3 times exactly during the call to make it sound legit.

4 Likes

I’ll see if ED can provide generic notes from Dr Wags if your employer requires a note :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If it drops before 1 April, I can use my remaining sick leave before it converts to PTO… Come on, Hornet!

Bah! I have emailed in sick days for the last 5 years.

CALLED? Pfft!

1 Like

It must be close now surely :slight_smile: We have daffodils flowering

1 Like

ED didnt account for global warming :wink:

3 Likes